Skinny Chicken Parmesan with Edamame Pasta
Quick and easy Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian favorite made healthier in this recipe, by baking instead of frying. Don’t worry, though, my Skinny Chicken Parmesan is still as tasty, crispy and family-friendly as the original!
My lighter Chicken Parmesan served over Edamame Pasta made for the most comforting delicious 30 minute dinner. Not only is it the perfect cozy winter meal, it’s ready in a flash and requires only 6 ingredients including the pasta. A good, solid, wholesome Monday dinner with plenty of protein and also still cheesy and saucy and golden brown crispy enough to still be irresistible.
The Edamame Pasta I served the chicken over is pretty irresistible too! Yes, that’s right, pasta made entirely from soybean and water! Explore Asian has reinvented the pasta aisle with their line of bean pastas, which includes 5 great flavors – Black Bean Spaghetti, Soybean Spaghetti, Edamame Spaghetti, Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine. In just a few minutes in boiling water, your family will receive 25g of protein and 12g of fiber per 2 oz serving.
Explore Asian’s bean pastas are made with the finest, organic NON-GMO ingredients, Vegan, Gluten Free, Organic and Kosher certified. So easy to prepare too! Bean pastas cook in minutes and never get soggy. The perfect pasta for picnics, parties and potluck dinners. You can even keep it warm in a crockpot all day and it still stays al dente. Also, great for leftovers the next day – serve it warm or cold and it still has the great texture thanks to the high fiber beans.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast halved or thinly sliced*
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs**
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan + about 6 more tablespoons for chicken topping
- 3/4 cup low-sugar marinara sauce*** + more for serving over pasta if desired
- 1 7.05 oz. package edamame spaghetti, prepared according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and prepare large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break 2 egg whites into shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Coat each side of chicken breast in egg whites and then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place each chicken breast in baking dish.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for about 18 mins. Top with about 2 tablespoons marinara and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; bake until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken over edamame pasta and enjoy!
*My chicken breast was 1.4 lbs and 3 chicken breasts. I butterflied them (sliced them in half, vertically, to make thin pieces).
**I used seasoned gluten-free crouton crumbs. If you're not using preseasoned bread crumbs, I would suggest adding about 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning to the mixture.
***Use your favorite marinara sauce or my delicious homemade version.
Check out a few other yummy chicken dinners from Kim’s Cravings!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite quick and easy chicken dinner?
Have you tried Edamame Pasta or any other bean pasta? Click on the store locator to find Explore Asian food products near you. Most Costco stores are now carrying Edamame Spaghetti in a 2lb. box. You can also find bean pastas at Whole Foods and Fairway stores.
From November 25 – December 24, create a recipe using Explore Asian products and take a picture of your creation to enter to win a $100 gift card to Whole Foods. Include a link in your post to http://www.explore-asian.com/recipes. Recipes and pictures can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must be received by December 24, 2015.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Explore Asian.