Easy Low Carb Italian Chicken Wraps
Easy Low Carb Italian Chicken Wraps with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and Italian dressing all wrapped up in soft Mission® Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
It seems that lunches are the meal that can make or break your best eating intentions. You know what I’m talking about, right? It’s the hundredth time you’ve said to yourself.
“This week, I’m totally taking my lunch every day.”
But then it’s the night before and you’re too tired to pull a lunch together, or your morning is chaotic and rushed, and you just get plain lazy.
And there you are again – staring emptily at the vending machine or forking over waaaay too much for a meal that’s really not all that tasty. And worse, that not very good lunch is both too pricy and not all that great for your healthy lifestyle.
This easy Italian chicken wrap lunch is different. And here’s why.
First of all, these wraps start with my favorite tortillas. I’ve told you all about these tortillas quite a few times because they are my family’s favorite — they are the Mission Carb Balance Tortillas. They are perfect because they are super tasty while supporting a healthier lifestyle. With these you can totally enjoy the food and flavors you want, without sacrificing taste! They are an excellent source of fiber with zero sugar and only contain 6g of net carbs per serving for flour tortillas and 5g of net carbs for whole wheat tortillas. Mission Carb Balance Tortillas are soft, great for all kinds of meals and snacks, and completely delicious.
HOW TO MAKE EASY LOW CARB ITALIAN CHICKEN WRAPS:
Warm up the tortillas for the best flavor. But no worries if you’re packing your wrap to take to work, they’re still delicious at room temperature.
Next you’ll top the tortillas with mayo + Parmesan cheese. The Parmesan cheese gives these wraps great flavor, but feel free to leave it out if you need to avoid dairy. Now add on the lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
And then comes the chicken. I like to use pre-cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken to make these super quick and easy.
And last, but not least, you’ve got a generous drizzle of light Italian dressing (or use any favorite dressing) and croutons (slightly crushed up). If you’re looking for this wrap to be even more low carb and/or low calorie, feel free to leave off the croutons. They’re a super delicious addition though.
Add some fresh parsley or basil if you have some for an extra boost of delicious and fresh Italian flavor, roll ’em up tight, and enjoy! You’ll have one heck of a satisfying, protein-packed, flavor-bursting wrap in a matter of mere minutes.
Be sure to enter the AWESOME Mission New Year, Better Choices sweepstakes going on now through 1/31/19. Enter here for a chance to win a gear such as a fitness tracker, wireless headphones or an insulated tumbler.
More Easy Sandwich and Wrap Lunch Recipes to Eat On the Go
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with @kimscravings and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Easy Low Carb Italian Chicken Wraps
- 4 Mission® Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1/2 cup real clean-eating mayo
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided*
- 4 pieces of leaf lettuce
- 2 large Roma tomatoes
- 1 large avocado
- Grilled and ready chicken or prepared rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken
- 1/3 cup light Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup croutons
- Fresh parsley or basil optional for garnish
- Prepare the tortillas according to package directions and let cool slightly.
- Spread the mayo evenly among all the tortillas -- about 2 tablespoons per tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Place 1 large leaf of lettuce on each tortilla.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and divide evenly among the 4 tortillas.
- Remove the pit and skin of the avocado, thinly slice, and add an even amount of slices to the tortillas.
- Top the tortillas evenly with the prepared chicken.
- Drizzle the Italian dressing evenly on each tortilla on top of the chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slightly crush the croutons and divide them evenly among the 4 tortillas.
- Garnish with parsley or basil evenly among the tortillas.
- Roll them up tightly and enjoy.