Egg salad is the comfort food of sandwiches and my version is made healthier by using Greek yogurt and it turned out so creamy dreamy delicious. No matter how you serve skinny egg salad- as an appetizer with crackers, over greens, as a sandwich spread or wrap-style; it’s always a picnic favorite.
Well, I guess I’ve given it away… the new blog name is Kim’s Cravings and will be coming to you just as soon as we can figure out a few glitches in moving the Hungry Healthy Girl site over to the new site. I thought it would go live on Friday, unfortunately we ran into a few issues. I’m pretty positive the new site design will go live within the next couple of days. If you follow on social media, you may have noticed a few of them have already changed over. Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram were so easy to change over to the new Kim’s Cravings name, but Facebook has a waiting period.
And back to that delicious egg salad….
I prefer my egg salad to be more on the creamy side and this skinny egg salad does not disappoint! If you’re not a creamy egg salad kind of girl or guy, feel free to use a couple more boiled eggs and leave out the 2 tablespoons of mayo.
Egg salad is a great side for Easter Sunday, but it’s also the best way to use up those boiled eggs, the kiddos colored. As an Easter tradition, each child in my family gets their own dozen eggs to color. I want to try this egg technique, this year- how cool do those look! Needless to say, we end up with quite a few boiled eggs. Of course, my mom’s deviled eggs must be made, but you better believe, I’ll make sure there are plenty of leftover eggs for this yummy skinny egg salad recipe.
For the wraps pictured, I used a prepackaged slaw and a few slices of radish to give this salad wrap added nutrition, color and a lovely crunch. I’m a huge dill fan, but if dill’s not your thing, just leave it out. Egg salad is very easy to customize, which is one reason it’s so great. I’ve also created a curry egg salad that’s a new favorite. It’s seriously a MUST try!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chilled and peeled
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Mayo (optional for added creaminess)
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest and 1½ teaspoon lemon juice from 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup finely diced celery (about 1 small stalk)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed (optional- I just really love dill)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- You can cut or mash eggs with a fork, but I prefer to mash everything together with my hands. Combine all ingredients in a medium-large bowl. Serve any way you please- on a wrap or bread or simply use it as a dip for crackers- enjoy!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite- egg, chicken or tuna salad? I simple cannot choose, they are all so wonderful!
Do you have any special traditions for Easter? Does your family paint eggs or use plastic ones?
If you love Skinny Egg Salad, I bet you will also adore my Skinny Chicken Salad!