Almond Puff Pastry Bites with Divine Flavor Jellyberry Grapes
Sweet, tasty and perfectly bite-sized for entertaining, these grape almond puff pastry bites start with flaky puff pastry crust that’s kissed with a sweet almond grape filling. This one is a big hit at dinner parties… or for any old regular Saturday night!
I teamed up with Divine Flavor to share this amazing grape almond tart recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.
Look look look look look.
I’m gonna just tell you: That Tastes Really Good. It’s extra exciting to be sharing today’s puff pastry appetizer with you because
- You are down for the creative food combos that I dream up.
- You’re also lovers of treats that TASTE SRSLY AWESOME (me too).
- We all like things that are generally easy to make.
And these grape almond puff pastry bites are all of that.
And the star of these bites… it’s obvi. The GRAPES! Not just any grapes, though. The Jellyberry Grapes from Divine Flavor seriously make this appetizer awesome! Because most of you have probably never heard of Jellyberries, excuse me while I get a little nerdy on you for a second.
DIVINE FLAVOR JELLYBERRY GRAPES
The thing that gives these little bites a sweet, juicy punch is the jellyberry grapes from Divine Flavor. And not only are they super tasty, they are organic and grown with the most stringent food safety procedures and state-of-the-art quality practices to offer a product that is the most flavorful, nutritious and healthy. Divine Flavor puts this level of maintenance into all of the products they offer and they are my go-to for the freshest fruits and veggies. I love that they use natural and improved agricultural methods to ensure healthier crops that are richer in nutrients and offer sustained shelf quality. You will taste the difference in the organic jellyberry grapes because they are full of sweet, delicious juiciness and have the BEST flavor. So perfect for these delicious bites!
And bonus: Dark purple grapes means higher antioxidants than other grapes, the Jellyberry variety is reminiscent of older Concord-like flavor grapes, a bite gives a burst of tasty grape jam. And they’re seedless, which means less hassle.
The list of benefits is just straight up !
Jellyberry grapes are amazing in salads, cakes, on cheeseboards, and I LOVE snacking on them frozen. So good!
HOW TO MAKE GRAPE ALMOND PUFF PASTRY BITES:
Let’s talk about how to assemble these bites. They’re really quite easy.
This recipe starts with a package of two puff pastry sheets. Let your puff pastry defrost for about 30 minutes and then cut each sheet into 12 uniform squares. I like to use a pizza cutter to make this process super quick + easy!
Spray a mini muffin baking pan with cooking spray and gently press the puff pastry into the cavities to create a little puff pastry basket.
Now, pulse the almonds with 1/4 cup of the sugar until finely ground. Then, add the flour and salt and pulse to combine.
You’re going to want a hand or stand mixer for the next step – beat together butter and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until completely combined. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in extracts. With mixer at low speed, mix in almond/flour mixture until just combined.
Lastly, spoon filling into each puff pastry and top with about 4 halves of grapes, lightly pressing them in. Bake for about 20 minutes and until puff pastry is nice and golden.
Grape almond puff pastry bites will make any party or gathering more amazing. The flaky puff pastry, the sweet almond filling, the juicy grapes, and a dusting of powdered sugar. <– that’s the stuff dreams are made of!
While you’re at it, give some of my other sweet treat recipes a try!
Grape Almond Puff Pastry Bites
- 1 package puff pastry, defrosted (2 puff pastry sheets)
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup Divine Flavor Jellyberry grapes, halved
- Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (or degree indicated on puff pastry package) and lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Lay puff pastry out across a cutting board. Cut pastry dough into 3 equal sections. Then cut each section into 4 even slices. You should have 12 pieces per puff pastry sheet (so 24 total). I use a pizza slicer to make this easy.
- Gently form each pastry by pressing your fingers into the muffin tin and creating a small cavity for the almond filling. Set aside.
- Pulse whole almonds with 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Add flour and salt and pulse to combine.
- Beat together butter and remaining 1/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer until completely combined. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in extracts. With mixer at low speed, mix in almond/flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon filling into each puff pastry and top with about 4 halves of grapes, lightly pressing them in. (You will have extra filling remaining.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until pastry dough is golden. Allow bites to cool for about 5 minutes before biting into one. Trust me - you'll burn your mouth on the filling! Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and enjoy!