Puff Pastry Brie Bites
Puff Pastry Brie Bites are one of my favorite easy + delicious appetizers to serve around the holidays! Buttery pecans with soft, melty cheese, and sweet jelly of your choice wrapped in flaky dough. A crowd pleaser every year!
This post is sponsored by Joan of Arc® Brie cheese but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
HOW TO MAKE PUFF PASTRY BRIE BITES
This recipe could not be more simple and starts with a package of two puff pastry sheets. Let your puff pastry defrost for about 30 minutes and then cut each sheet into 12 uniform squares. I like to use a pizza cutter to make this process super quick + easy!
Spray a mini muffin baking pan with cooking spray and gently press the puff pastry into the cavities to create a little puff pastry basket.
Now it’s time for the good stuff! I absolutely love Joan of Arc® Brie cheese! The gooey cheesiness is simply irreplaceable. It’s a party favorite served at room temperature with fresh fruits, walnuts, jams and crackers. But these Brie Bite Appetizers are my favorite way to enjoy it. They require so few ingredients and my whole family really enjoys them.
Cut the brie into 24 1/2″ cubes. Don’t worry about the rind. It’s totally edible and once it’s baked, you won’t even know the difference.
Now stuff each puff pastry with a square of brie and add a dollop of jelly. Use any favorite here. During the holidays, I usually go with cranberry or cranberry-jalapeño jam, but apricot and fig are so good too. You could even mix and match to suit everyone’s taste!
Top each bit with a sprinkle of finely chopped pecans. Feel free to customize your Brie Bites as needed. Sometimes I leave a few bites without nuts, in case guests have an allergy or they just aren’t particularly fond of nuts.
The final step is to bake these beauties up until they’re golden brown.
Puff Pastry Bites are best served immediately. This is no problem, though, just watch them disappear in no time!
Enjoy a few of my other favorite holiday appetizers!
Have you tried Joan of Arc Brie®? Use this store locator to see where it is available near you!
These Puff Pastry Brie Bites are a great appetizer or brunch addition for any holiday gathering! They are easy to make and disappear quick!
- 1 package puff pastry, defrosted (2 puff pastry sheets)
- 1 (8 oz.) wheel Joan of Arc Brie (no need to remove the rind, it's edible) (you will probably only use about 3 oz.)
- 1/2 cup jelly of your choice (fig, apricot, and cranberry varieties are my favorite)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (or other favorite nut)
Preheat oven to 400ºF (or degree indicated on puff pastry package) and lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Lay puff pastry out across a cutting board. Cut pastry dough into 3 equal sections. Then cut each section into 4 even slices. You should have 12 pieces per puff pastry sheet (so 24 total). I use a pizza slicer to make this easy.
- Gently form each pastry by pressing your fingers into the muffin tin and creating a small basket for the brie and jelly.
- Cut brie into 24 1/2 inch squares and place one slice in each pastry shell.
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon of jelly and sprinkle with pecan pieces.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until pastry dough is golden and brie has melted.
*I used reduced sugar apricot preserves, as seen in images and to calculate nutritional information.
**Feel free to leave nuts out for a nut-free option.