Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet
Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet- simple, flavorful, full of protein and fiber and entirely dairy and gluten free!
I definitely have a love for stuffed bell peppers. My kids, not so much. I think it has something to do with all that pepper. It’s awkward to cook and can be even more awkward to eat. But this Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet recipe that cooks up so quick and easy is totally kid-approved!
On those hectic nights when my family’s craving a yummy warm meal on the table after coming home from one of the many activities that the kiddos have going on- enter the UNstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet!
For this skillet dish to be speedy quick, I used Success® Boil-in-Bag Rice. It’s the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess BPA-free boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. With Success Brown Rice you can enjoy the same taste and similar nutritional benefits of long cooking brown rice, but in ¼ the cooking time.
Success® Rice is conveniently packaged in premeasured colander-style bags, it’s gluten-free, non GMO and versatile. It also does not contain additives or preservatives. I keep a box in my pantry at all times for making a variety of meals – breakfast, lunch or dinner.
You and your family members are going to LOVE this Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet meal! It’s:
SO easy to make
And rich in protein (over 11g protein per cup!)
This skillet recipe is great for serving a mixed crowd because it’s so filling and flavorful. While it’s delicious served alone, this meal would be fabulous paired with my Southwestern Guacamole or Chipotle’s Famous Guacamole. And if you need a yummy salsa, this is the best damn salsa recipe and a total win.
If you try this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and tag a picture @kimscravings on Instagram so we can see! Your photos always make my day. Enjoy, friends!
Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet is the perfect easy family dinner recipe!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey chicken or bison
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin divided
- 3 teaspoons chili powder divided
- 3 teaspoons paprika divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano divided
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced*
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 bag Success® Brown Rice cooked according to package instructions about 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once pan is heated, add ground turkey to skillet and season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Brown turkey, stirring occasionally. While turkey is browning, cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
- When turkey is completely browned, add 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp oregano; stirring to combine.
- Remove turkey from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Spray skillet again with cooking spray and add the pepper and onion to cook for about 3-5 mins and until soft, add garlic, tomatoes and the remainder of seasonings; continue to stir and cook for about 2 mins and until all veggies have softened.
- Add the turkey back into the veggies along with cooked brown rice
- Squeeze lime juice over the mixture and stir everything together. Taste and season with additional salt or other seasonings to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!
*Feel free to use any color bell pepper.
**If you enjoy cheese with meals such as this, feel free to add about 1 cup shredded cheese at the end or sprinkle cheese over the top of individual servings.
If this Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper is your kind of meal, try a few other favorites!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite quick, easy, family-friendly meal?
Have you tried boil-in-bag Success® Rice? For hundreds of recipe ideas, special offers and more, join the Recipe Club®.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.