Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper + Rice Skillet
Only 7 ingredients in this quick and easy unstuffed bell pepper skillet dinner! It will feed an entire family in about 30 minutes – no problem! It’s plate-lickin’ good and will satisfy your comfort food hunger big time!
This post has been sponsored by SEEDS OF CHANGE™. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
What’s so great about this tasty skillet recipe?
I definitely have a love for stuffed bell peppers. My kids, not so much. I think it has something to do with all that bell pepper. It’s awkward to cook and can be even more awkward to eat. Thanks to SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Quinoa, Brown & Red Rice with Flaxseed, this unstuffed bell pepper skillet recipe cooks up so quick and easy and is totally kid-approved! I always stock up on SEEDS OF CHANGE™ products for convenient lunches and dinners when I’m grocery shopping at Albertsons. You can find SEEDS OF CHANGE™ full line of flavors in the rice aisle.
Not only is this meal simple and flavorful, it’s jam packed with protein and fiber. Feel free to use any type of ground meat that suits your taste. I used extra lean ground turkey, but ground beef, bison or chicken would also be great.
Save now on SEEDS OF CHANGE™ at Albertsons.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY UNSTUFFED BELL PEPPER SKILLET DISH
On those hectic nights when my family’s craving a yummy warm meal on the table after coming home from one of the many activities that the kiddos have going on, enter the UNstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet!
To start, brown ground turkey and stir in some of the seasonings. Once that is cooked, transfer it to a plate and set aside. Next, get the bell peppers and onion cooking. When those are soft, add in the garlic, tomatoes and the remainder of the seasonings.
For this dish to be speedy quick, I used SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Quinoa, Brown & Red Rice with Flaxseed. Only 90 seconds in the microwave and you’re well on your way to a delicious, nutritious and convenient meal. SEEDS OF CHANGE™ is all about helping more people enjoy real food, grown from a seed.
When you buy SEEDS OF CHANGE™ products, 1% of every sale goes towards projects that help communities grow more of their own food. Learn more about the good they’re doing here!
The last step is to add everything to the skillet and combine. Transfer the cooked ground turkey and cooked Quinoa, Brown & Red Rice with Flaxseed back to the skillet with the veggies. Taste and add salt & pepper or even additional seasonings as you prefer.
You and your family members are going to LOVE this Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet meal! It’s:
SO easy to make
And rich in protein (over 16g protein per cup!)
This skillet recipe is great for serving a mixed crowd because it’s so filling and flavorful. While it’s delicious served alone, this meal would be fabulous paired with my Southwestern Guacamole or a yummy salsa – like the best salsa recipe ever.
Be sure to download the Albertsons mobile app before you head out to pick up everything you need for this recipe! Albertsons makes finding the best deals so easy!
You’ll even find a coupon to try any SEEDS OF CHANGE™ product! Coupon will run from June 10 – July 21.
If you try this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and tag a picture @kimscravings on Instagram so we can see! Your photos always make my day. Also, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Easy Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet
- 1 pound extra lean or lean ground turkey, chicken or bison
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin,, divided
- 3 teaspoons chili powder,, divided
- 3 teaspoons paprika,, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano,, divided
- 1 red bell pepper,, diced (1 cup)
- 1 yellow bell pepper,, diced* (1 cup)
- 1 small onion,, diced (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic,, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Quinoa, Brown & Red Rice with Flaxseed , (about 2 cups cooked rice)
- 1 lime, juiced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once pan is heated, add ground turkey to skillet and season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Brown turkey, stirring occasionally. While turkey is browning, cook the SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Quinoa, Brown & Red Rice with Flaxseed for 90 seconds in the microwave and according to package instructions.
- When turkey is completely browned, add 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp oregano; stirring to combine.
- Remove turkey from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Spray skillet again with cooking spray and add the pepper and onion to cook for about 3-5 mins and until soft, add garlic, tomatoes and the remainder of seasonings; continue to stir and cook for about 2 mins and until all veggies have softened.
- Add the turkey back into the veggies along with cooked SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Quinoa, Brown & Red Rice with Flaxseed.
- Squeeze lime juice over the mixture and stir everything together. Taste and season with salt & pepper or other seasonings to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!
**If you enjoy cheese with meals such as this, feel free to add about 1 cup shredded cheese at the end or sprinkle cheese over the top of individual servings.