Juicy Turkey Burger Recipe
This juicy turkey burger recipe is my go-to! It’s so mouthwatering and flavorful! One secret ingredient takes these burgers over the top! Simple to make on the grill or stovetop.
This post is sponsored however, all opinions are my own.
These easy to make, delicious burgers can be served any way you like! I’ve grown to love mine topped with red onion, tomato and cheese and then situated on a toasted Thomas English Muffin for added texture and fun. The “nooks and crannies texture” in the Thomas English Muffins absorbs all of the flavor and juices making them so much better than a regular bun!
Yes, Thomas’ English Muffins are awesome for breakfast, but there are also so many other wonderful uses for them. They are absolutely perfect for burgers and sandwiches and my kids love eating them for snack. We top them with peanut butter or Greek yogurt and fruit. Delicious!
Do you have some great recipe ideas? What would you make with Thomas’ English Muffins? Post or upload your favorite summer recipe creation to enter the Explore Thomas’ Sweepstakes. You could win an all-expense paid vacation to an awesome foodie destination. Would you choose New Orleans, San Francisco or Savannah, GA?
HOW TO MAKE JUICY TURKEY BURGERS:
- The key to making the turkey burgers nice and juicy is to add a few secret ingredients. Add one egg and 1/4 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt.
- The second step to juicy turkey burgers is to not over mix the ground turkey when combining the ingredients.
- If the mixture seems a little too wet to shape into patties, refrigerate the ground turkey mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Shape into patties and use your thumb or the back of a spoon to make a small indention in the patty. This will help the burger cook more evenly and not puff up when heated. After patties are shaped, I recommend popping them in the fridge or freezer for about 15 minutes to ensure they keep shape when transferring them to the grill or skillet.
- Heat a grill or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and use a generous spritz of cooking spray to avoid any sticking.
HOW CAN YOU TELL WHEN A TURKEY BURGER IS DONE?
Ground turkey needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 165ºF. Use a meat thermometer to ensure accuracy.
This recipe works great on an outdoor grill, or indoors using a grill pan or large skillet. If using an outdoor grill, bring the heat up to about 450ºF. Make sure that your grate is well oiled so that the burger doesn’t stick. Be patient and let the burger cook about 5 minutes before flipping. If you flip the meat too early, they may fall apart.
Have you tried Thomas’ English Muffins? You can find them at Walmart located near other bread items.
Juicy Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Burger toppings desired: cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, etc.
- 4 Thomas' English Muffins
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix just until combined, being careful not to over mix. Divide the mixture into 4 balls and form into patties about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- To prevent burgers from taking a dome shape when grilling, use your thumb or the back of a spoon to make a small indention in the middle of the patty. Cover with plastic wrap and place the patties in the fridge or freezer for about 15 minutes prior to grilling.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat (400-450ºF.) and coat the grill with non-stick spray to prevent sticking. If cooking inside, heat a large skillet or griddle pan to medium-high heat and coat the pan with non-stick spray. Cook or grill for 5 to 8 minutes per side, until internal temperature is 160ºF-165ºF, flipping half-way through.
- Remove from grill or pan and cover with foil for at least 3 to 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- While burgers are resting under foil, Half Thomas' English Muffins by using a fork or your fingers to work them open. Do not use a knife - we want to keep the "nooks and crannies texture" undisturbed and toast.
- Add burger to toasted Thomas' English Muffins and top with your choice of burger toppings. Enjoy!