Epic Burger Sauce
You guys are going to LOVE this Burger Sauce! This epic burger sauce will help you create the ultimate burger! It’s an easy and tasty condiment recipe made from ordinary ingredients that is fabulous on burgers, wraps, sandwiches and even French fries!
Skip the traditional ketchup and mustard combo because this burger sauce recipe is the only “special sauce” you’ll ever need to up your homemade burger game and have everyone asking for the recipe!
What is burger sauce?
Burger Sauce is usually a creamy sauce made with a combination of ketchup and mayonnaise with additional mix-ins that make it unique and give it extra flavor. Many times you’ll hear burger sauce referred to as special, house, or secret sauce.
You may be familiar with McDonald’s Big Mac Sauce (which is similar to Thousand Island dressing), In-N-Out Burger Spread, and many other restaurants offer their variation of the popular condiment as well. You can even find burger sauce in bottles at the grocery store. I know Heinz and Hellmann’s each have a burger sauce product.
Trust me, though, this special sauce recipe is the BEST for burgers and so much more! It’s super easy to make, inexpensive, and tastes incredibly delicious too!
How do you make burger sauce?
This recipe could not be easier! There’s not much to it other than stirring several simple ingredients together.
- Add mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle juice, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper to a small bowl.
- Stir the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Cover and store in the fridge. I like to let the sauce sit in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours for the best flavor. Sauce can be stored up to about 2 weeks.
- Serve on burgers, sandwiches, wraps and use it as a dip for French fries. Yum!
- Pickle juice: I prefer the sweetness of the sweet pickle juice. It complements the zing of the ketchup, but if you prefer the tang of dill pickle juice, that will work just as well. You can also sub the pickle juice for about 1-2 tablespoons sweet or dill pickle relish, if you prefer a little crunchiness.
- Mustard: Some burger sauce recipes use about 1 tablespoon mustard. I personally don’t feel the sauce needs it, but feel free to experiment. You can try adding regular or Dijon mustard to the recipe.
- Paprika: I love the smoky flavor that smoked paprika provides in this recipe. However, if you only have regular paprika, that will work too. If you like your sauce with a kick of heat, add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper.
Pro tip: I highly recommend making this sauce in advance, so the flavor can really build!
You’re definitely going to want to slather this sauce all over my bacon cheese stuffed burgers, pictured in this post. It’s also such a great addition to my juicy turkey burgers! And be sure to serve your burgers with either my Old Fashioned Potato Salad or my favorite Greek Pasta Salad. Don’t forget Peach Crisp for dessert!
More Favorite Sauce Recipes
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Create the ultimate burger with this epic burger sauce! This special sauce recipe is easy to make and super tasty on burgers, wraps, sandwiches and fries!
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- dash of cayenne optional for spice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Stir mayonnaise together with ketchup, pickle juice, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne (if using) and salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator.
This sauce can be served immediately or refrigerate for 2 hours for the flavor to build before using for the best taste.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Dill pickle juice can be used instead of sweet.