Roasted Veggie Spinach Pasta
This Roasted Veggie Spinach Pasta features loads of spinach and roasted vegetables tossed with a light balsamic sauce and served over my favorite Skinner® pasta! Feel free to change up the vegetables or skip them completely for a simple, hearty spinach pasta recipe. Thanks Skinner for sponsoring this post and providing us with such a yummy pasta!
I’m on a perpetual roasted broccoli and red bell pepper kick, you see, and got a hankering for some hearty pasta. (But, seriously, when do I not have a hankering for pasta?) The result of my cravings – freshly roasted broccoli and bell pepper combined with lots of delicious sautéed spinach, Skinner pasta and balsamic vinegar. Toss all that together with some magical reserved pasta water for a light, silky sauce, and we end up with some major deliciousness. I love it.
This spinach pasta recipe is highly adaptable. Feel free to change up the roasted vegetables—just use whatever you have around, cut to similar sizes and roast until tender. Or, skip the roasted vegetables for a very simple but very flavorful and hearty spinach pasta. The recipe is easily made vegan, and the leftovers are great, whether served chilled, at room temperature or warmed again.
One thing I wouldn’t change up is the Skinner pasta! It tastes so great, is easy to cook with and always turns out perfect. I also appreciate that it’s friendly on the wallet too. I use it in all sorts of family-friendly, crowd-pleasing recipes.
Let’s cook up this Roasted Veggie Spinach Pasta dish!
To keep things as easy as possible during the work week, I’ve started resorting to Instacart for grocery delivery. Anyone else tried this? What a fabulous time-saver!! More time in my day is amazing. Saving a trip to the grocery store gives me more time that I can use in so many ways from catching up with friends to spending quality time with the kids and hubby.
In honor of National Friendship Day, Skinner is partnering with Instacart to provide free grocery delivery for customers in Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas. Just buy one (1) package of Skinner pasta and get free grocery delivery. Customers who don’t qualify for free delivery (e.g. Instacart Express Customers or first time customers) will receive $5 off their order. Delivery must be $35 or more to qualify for free delivery or $5 off. Such a cool deal!
After your groceries are delivered, this meal comes together so easily. The recipe requires just over 30 minutes with very little hands on time. Prepare the pasta and sauce while the veggies are roasted until golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. This is comfort food at its finest.
I hope you all LOVE this pasta! It’s:
& Oh so delicious
This would make the perfect fancy weeknight dinner, or meal for hosting guests. When I made this for the family, they devoured their whole plates. That’s always a good sign. Pair this tasty pasta with my Vegan Caesar Salad for the ultimate comfort meal.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
Roasted Veggie Spinach Pasta
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, about 3 pounds, florets removed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch squares
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces Skinner pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot bulb, sliced very thin (about ½ cup, sliced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- Optional: 1 ounce finely grated Parmesan cheese*, about ¾ cup, grated, plus extra for garnishing
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To prepare the roasted vegetables (optional, skip for a more simple spinach pasta): Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup. Transfer the sliced broccoli florets and bell pepper to the prepared baking sheet, spray with coconut oil or olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake until the broccoli is tender and caramelized on the edges.
- Once the vegetables are in the oven, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta just until al dente, according to package directions. Before draining, carefully reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- To prepare the balsamic spinach, in a large Dutch oven or pot or large sauté pan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil until shimmering. Add the sliced shallot, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the shallot is translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 20 seconds. While stirring constantly, add several big handfuls of spinach at a time until they have wilted, then repeat until all of the spinach is in the pot. Once the spinach has reduced a bit but is still bright green in parts (this happens quickly!), pour in the balsamic vinegar and remove the pot from heat.
- In your Dutch oven or in a large serving bowl, combine the roasted vegetables and cooked pasta with the spinach mixture. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil and optional Parmesan. Drizzle in about ⅓ cup reserved pasta cooking water and gently toss to coat. Season to taste with additional salt (mine needed about ½ teaspoon more) and freshly ground black pepper. Divide into bowls and serve immediately, with extra grated Parmesan on top for bonus presentation points.
Looking for similar entrées? Check out other family favorites from Kim’s Cravings!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite easy, family-friendly dinner?
The fabulous people at Skinner are hosting a fun giveaway to win a Texas-sized getaway! Visit HowdySkinner.com to enter for your chance to win a three-night stay for you and a friend at the Marriott Marquis Houston including airfare and $500 spending money to enjoy the city’s sites, restaurants and attractions. Other prizes include a membership to Care.com and $500 to give you more “me” time by covering your dog walking, babysitting, and housekeeping services, or free pasta for a year for you and a friend. Sweepstakes kicks off on National Friendship Day (8/6/17) at 12:01 a.m. CDT; ends 9/6/17 at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Skinner® pasta.