Skinny Mini Meat Loaves with Sweet Potato Coins
I’ve made Skinny Mini Meat Loaves more times than I can count. It’s one of those go-to easy dinner recipes the whole family enjoys. These mini meat loaves also pair well with a variety of sides, so you can use up whatever you have on-hand or satisfy a mac & cheese craving!
My Skinny Mini Meat Loaves (say that 5 times fast!) with sweet potato coins meal comes together much quicker than a traditional meat loaf meal. You can even make the mini meat loaves ahead of time, so on those busy weeknights all you have to worry about are the sides. They freeze well, too.
These tasty clean-eating mini meat loaves feature ground turkey breast, keeping each mini loaf to just over 100 calories and under 4 grams of fat per serving. They’re also very adaptable to include your favorite flavors. See my recipe notes for suggestions of other sauces and seasonings… don’t be afraid to get creative. Consider doubling the recipe and freezing half of them for a super convenient dinner.
THE PERFECT SIDES TO PAIR WITH SKINNY MINI MEAT LOAVES:
I paired my skinny mini meat loaves with Annie’s mac & cheese (love that stuff!) and an all-time favorite side- roasted sweet potato coins. These sweet potato rounds are so easy to make. Use your favorite seasonings for flavor or just a sprinkle of sea salt. Thinly slice a sweet potato and spread slices out on baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and then spray a little extra cooking spray on the potatoes, and give them a little sprinkling of dill and sea salt. Roast them for about 25-30 minutes at 400-415 degrees F. I love them dipped in ketchup! They’re also fabulous seasoned with cinnamon and sea salt and then drizzling almond butter over them after they have cooked.
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs, use gluten-free as needed (I used Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ground lean turkey breast or ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco or Sriracha)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray the cups in a muffin baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, breadcrumbs, seasonings, ground turkey, egg and 1/4 cup ketchup.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each muffin cup.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons ketchup and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl. Brush ketchup mixture over meat loaf tops.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes and until meat loaves are cooked through. Enjoy!
~Try replacing ketchup with barbecue sauce or marinara.
~For more Italian flavoring add 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning.
~Meat loaves freeze well.
~Slightly adapted from Cooking Light.
Looking for other side dish ideas?
Are you a fan of meatloaf? I think it’s one of those foods, you either love or hate. I personally love meatloaf, but even if you’re not a huge fan of the traditional meatloaf, you may find yourself loving this mini version.