Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
This delicious Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is so easy to make with just 4 ingredients and very little hands-on time! It’s loaded with healthy veggies and protein-packed chicken sausage. Simply throw everything on your pan and let the oven do all the work! This is a satisfying recipe that the whole family will love.
This easy sausage sheet pan dinner is a hearty meal that can feed your family on a budget. Add this to your weekly menu for a healthy, simple, hassle-free dinner option. It’s the way to go for a convenient one-pan recipe that makes for quick clean-up! Roasting up a pan of chicken sausage and veggies is also a great option for those who meal prep.
Why you should make this recipe
- Effortless to make. All you need is about 15 minutes of prep time and then pop this sheet pan in the oven. Within about 40 minutes you’ll have dinner on the table!
- Convenient and hassle-free. Besides a little bit of chopping and slicing, the oven does all of the work to cook the chicken sausage and vegetables all on one pan. And cleanup’s a breeze!
- Satisfying and nutritious. This one-pan sausage & veggie dish is healthy and good for you, especially if you use lean chicken sausage. It’s packed with protein, fiber, and complex carbs for a well-rounded meal.
This sheet pan recipe is simple, straightforward and of course, absolutely delicious. To make it all you’ll need is:
- Sausage. Any sausage will work, but we really prefer either chicken sausage or smoked turkey sausage. Aidells® is a chicken sausage brand we enjoy (not sponsored); they create a lot of different flavored (and well-seasoned) smoked sausages. Trader Joe’s also carries delicious chicken sausage varieties.
- Broccoli. My go to veggie when I make sheet pan meals, but other veggies work great too. Feel free to swap the broccoli with cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, carrots, green or red bell pepper, summer squash, zucchini, onion, asparagus and/or cherry tomatoes.
- Sweet potato. We love sweet potatoes, but baby red potatoes or baby gold (Yukon) potatoes are another favorite and work well in this meal. Whatever potatoes you use, make sure they are chopped into small pieces, so they’ll cook in the indicated amount of time.
- Olive oil. This will help the salt & pepper (or any other spices you might use) stick to the vegetables and also gives everything a lovely golden brown color. We like to use either extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil.
- Salt & pepper. Brings out all of the delicious flavors.
How to make this recipe
This sheet pan dinner recipe could not be easier, especially since everything is roasted all together on one sheet pan. Here’s the huge sheet pan we recommend and here’s the simple method:
See the recipe card for the printable recipe.
- Prep. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop ingredients. Slice sausages into 1/2-inch rounds, 5-6 pieces per sausage. Cut broccoli into florets. Cut sweet potato into 1/2-inch cubes. Place all ingredients onto prepared baking sheet.
- Add seasoning. Drizzle all ingredients with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top. Toss to coat. Spread out all ingredients in an even single layer across the sheet pan.
- Cook. Bake 30-40 minutes, tossing everything half way through cooking. When veggies and sausages are browned and roasted, remove from oven and enjoy.
- Peeling the potato. Whether or not you decide to peel the potato is a personal preference. We typically do not peel them. It cuts down on prep time and it’s not even noticeable.
- Cut vegetables into similar sizes. This ensures even roasting so there aren’t some under-cooked veggies and some over-cooked.
- Don’t overcrowd on the pan. When vegetables overlap or crowd on a sheet pan, they end up steaming instead of roasting, which greatly affects the end taste/texture; it also takes longer for everything to cook when there is less space. We recommend using a 15×21-inch sheet pan or two pans.
- Quick cleanup. For super easy cleanup, line the sheet pan with parchment paper. Once the veggies and sausage have been served, you can discard the parchment paper and the pan will just need a quick rinse!
Frequently asked questions
This sheet pan recipe is really a meal on its own. However, you can easily pair it with other sides, like macaroni and cheese, a salad, or serve it over a grain, like quinoa or brown rice.
At a temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit, this will need to cook for 30 to 40 minutes. The veggies and sausage are done when everything is golden brown, like seen in the photos.
It’s best to roast the vegetables over high heat, so they get perfectly caramelized and crispy. We recommend 425 degrees Fahrenheit for this recipe.
There are so many combinations of fresh vegetables, types of sausage and seasonings you can try in this sausage and vegetable bake! Here’s some options:
- Sausage. There are many different flavor varieties of sausage to try. We love Aidells® chicken apple sausage, but anything goes! You could even use smoked turkey or beef sausage.
- Different veggies. Change up the broccoli and sweet potato and use whatever veggies you like best. Just remember, root veggies typically take longer to bake. Because of that, you’ll want to cut them especially small so they’ll cook at the same rate as the other veggies.
- Cheese. Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or feta over the top of the veggies for the last 5-10 minutes of roasting.
- Spices. Want to spice things up? Try the seasoning mix from this roasted vegetables recipe. Other seasonings that work great are paprika, garlic powder, parsley, cumin, Italian seasoning and tasty seasoning salts. To make it spicy, add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Herbs. A garnish of fresh basil or fresh parsley would be a great finishing touch.
This dish is best warm and fresh, but leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat small batches in the microwave or toaster oven, and larger batches in the oven until heated through, about 10 minutes.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 5 chicken apple sausages, or another preferred variety
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice sausages into 1/2-inch rounds, 5-6 pieces per sausage. Cut broccoli into florets. Cut sweet potato into 1/2-inch cubes. Place all ingredients onto prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle all ingredients with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top. Toss to coat. Spread out all ingredients in an even single layer across the sheet pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, tossing everything half way through cooking. When veggies and sausages are browned and roasted, remove from oven and enjoy.