Mexican Chicken Pasta Skillet Meal
Quick, easy and tasty! This effortless Mexican Chicken Pasta Skillet Meal comes together in 20 minutes flat. Now, that’s a busy weeknight dinner I can get down with! Be sure to follow on Instagram and/or Facebook for more simple Fall recipe inspiration!
THIS PASTA SKILLET MEAL COULD NOT BE EASIER!
This healthy mouthwatering Mexican Skillet Meal is fabulous for hectic weeknights when there is no time for a recipe that takes more than 45 minutes. We’ve got after school activities, homework and bedtime rituals to attend to, Monday through Friday. There is no time to be slaving away in the kitchen!
Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips and Barilla Pronto Rotini Pasta are two convenient products that combine perfectly for less time spent with meal prep and more time for the family! Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips are fully-cooked, 98% fat free and have no preservatives. They give this dinner the protein needed to fuel the rest of your evening. However, feel free to use any cooked chicken you might have on hand. Rotisserie chicken would even be a great option.
This was my first time trying Barilla Pronto Pasta. It’s a one pot, no boil, no drain pasta that cooks in under 10 minutes! I love that this recipe comes together with only 1 pot, resulting in faster, easier clean up. Doing loads of dishes is just one more thing I don’t have time for, during the week.
This recipe could not be easier! Start by cooking diced onion for a few minutes. Then, add pasta, salsa, chicken broth and tomato sauce. The Barilla Pronto Pasta is super quick and cooks in a matter of minutes without boiling.
After about 5 minutes of simmering the sauces and pasta, add in chicken and continue to simmer about 5 more minutes.
Your dinner is almost complete! Finish this easy one skillet meal by adding tomato, corn, black beans and green onions.
Give all of the ingredients a good stir, add cheese or for a nondairy meal, leave it out.
Time for your favorite toppings. My family enjoyed sliced black olives, diced avocado and some extra sliced green onion.
IF YOU LIKE THIS MEXICAN CHICKEN PASTA SKILLET MEAL, YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups uncooked Barilla Pronto Rotini Pasta
- 2 cups salsa homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups marinara (use your favorite jarred or homemade)
- 2 cups or desired amount cooked chicken
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded light Mexican-blend grated cheese
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Optional garnish; sliced black olives fresh cilantro leaves and additional sliced green onion
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add pasta, salsa, chicken broth and tomato sauce. Allow mixture to simmer; cover, reduce heat and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and continue to cook about 5 more minutes and until pasta is done and chicken is heated.
- Stir in tomato, corn, black beans and green onions, and gently toss to combine. Stir in cheese until melted through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with avocado and other desired garnish.
*I used several handfuls of the Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips. I didn't really measure and I added it in frozen. As the chicken unfreezes, feel free to chop it up some with your wooden spoon. Use any cooked chicken you have on hand. Rotisserie chicken works well.