Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
This Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce is the perfect comfort food feast. It’s super thick and silky with the most wonderful smoky-sweet flavor. Healthy, vegan, weeknight deliciousness comin’ atcha!
I teamed up with Pacific Foods to share this delicious Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. As always, all opinions are my own.
Today we’re going for all things cozy. Isn’t Sunday night the dinner that you especially want to make extra tasty and have all the family gathered ’round the table? This red pepper pasta is a modern classic that will be such a huge hit with the family. The best part is, picky eaters won’t realize how healthy it is.
Let’s Cook Up Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
Sunday is often pasta night in our house because it’s easy, but feels so luxurious and nourishing. All the things you want when you’re getting ready to start the week. First up roast two red peppers until soft, charred and flavorful. Meanwhile, cook up the shallots and garlic to give the sauce a bold and slightly sweet taste.
The roasted red peppers is what gives this sauce that classic orange hue and creamy texture. Something else that helps keep this vegan sauce super creamy is Pacific Foods Hemp Plant-Based Beverage.
Made from the hemp seed, Pacific Foods Hemp Beverages are a great source of plant-based nutrition that includes Omega 3 and essential amino acids. This was my first time using Hemp Plant-Based Beverage and it was absolutely perfect in this recipe. Since whipping up this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce, I’ve enjoyed the Hemp Plant-Based Beverage in my coffee, cereal and oatmeal. It’s fabulous!
Health Benefits of Hemp Plant-Based Beverage
- Hemp Plant-Based Beverage is a great alternative to cow’s milk and for those who cannot consume dairy because of dietary issues.
- Due to all of the great nutrients found in Hemp Plant-Based Beverage, it can help with a strengthened immune system.
- Vitamin and mineral-rich to support healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Packed with nutrients to support a strong, healthy heart.
- Healthy fats for increased mental clarity.
Watch the video below to check out how super easy this recipe is and if you give it a try, be sure to comment and let me know what you think! Also, snap a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
And if you’re looking for other yummy pasta recipes, try these favorites:
Mediterranean Pasta from Well Plated
Healthy Pasta from iFood Real
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
- 2 whole red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Hemp Plant-Based Beverage*
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder (or other thickener of choice)
- optional: Pinch red pepper flake for heat
- 16 ounces linguini or spaghetti noodles of choice (use gluten-free if needed)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Place red peppers on baking sheet and roast 20-30 minutes until peppers are charred. Remove from oven and cover with foil or a bowl for about 10 minutes to steam, then peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stems. Set aside.
- While the red peppers are roasting, sauté shallots (or onion) and garlic in olive oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper; stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Also, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, toss in a small bit of olive oil, and set aside.
- Transfer sautéed onion and garlic to blender with roasted peppers, hemp beverage, nutritional yeast, cornstarch and red pepper flake (if using). Add desired amount of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, taste and add more salt and pepper or nutritional yeast for flavor.
- Once blended, place sauce back in the skillet over medium heat to thicken. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and continue simmering.
- Once sauce is thickened to desired consistency, add noodles and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or basil and, if desired, serve with crusty bread and a side salad. Enjoy!