Easy Chicken Fajita Burrito Bowls
Flavorful Easy Chicken Fajita Burrito Bowls made with seasoned Spanish rice, flavorful chicken, beans, roasted peppers and onion- all loaded in edible Old El Paso tortilla taco boats and ready in less than 30 minutes for a fabulous Game Day meal or weeknight dinner!
It’s no secret I have a thing for Mexican food. We eat it in some form at least twice a week, and I have countless recipes on the blog for tacos, enchilada casserole, salads, soups, salsas and guacamole.
Another favorite? The burrito bowl. I’m always craving these for dinner. Fast, easy, healthy, delicious! They’re also super perfect for serving a crowd- everyone gobbles them up; which is why they are my go-to recipe for Game Day.
I found a few really fun Old El Paso items, while shopping at Walmart, that make throwing these burrito bowls together so quick and easy peasy. Crunchy tacos are always a family favorite to snack on while watching our best-loved football teams.
The taco boats were a new find and we could not get enough of these tortilla-like boats that hold all of our yummy ingredients so perfectly. There’s no losing pieces of food out of the shell or tortilla as you’re trying to take a bite- these are wonderful!
We’re the typical Texans and we love our Cowboys no matter what… at least my husband does. I’ve been on the outs with them in recent years, but I’m so excited we may have a winning team this year. So far, so good. Did you catch the Cowboy/Bengal game yesterday? It looks like America’s Team is ready to make it happen this season!!
Before the game started, I got all of our delicious meal options prepared and sat everything out, so that my family could choose what they wanted in terms of taco vs. boat and what toppings to pile on high. We stuffed our crunchy tacos or taco boats with taco seasoned veggies and chicken, quick-cooking Mexican Rice and Traditional Refried Beans. The whole dinner was totally customizable- not a fan of refried beans, use black beans. If you’d rather not have the rice, just pile on more chicken and veggies. Corn would also make a tasty addition. Be sure and add your favorite toppings, too- we like avocado, salsa and fresh cilantro.
The chicken and veggies cook up likity-split on one large, rimmed baking pan and not only does the mix work fantastically for burrito bowls, but it is also my go-to for meal prep Sundays. Cook up one pan and have chicken and veggies ready for meals throughout the week.
Football food is so much fun! I found some cute plates, a tablecloth and confetti at Walmart to really get us in the Game Day spirit. However, it doesn’t take much when our favorite team is playing. And they WIN!!!!
I know you guys are going to love this tasty, 30-minute dinner! It’s:
Protein- and fiber-rich
This makes the perfect meal when you want something substantial but healthy on the table fast (story of my life). And, of course, it’s great party food with options for everyone
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram so I can see your version! Enjoy, friends!
- For the chicken and veggie bake:
- 1 - 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin tender-sized pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 lime juiced
- For the bowls or tacos:
- Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans or other favorite bean
- Old El Paso Mexican Rice
- Avocado or guacamole
- Old El Paso Taco Boats and/or Old El Paso Crunchy Tacos
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add thin strips of chicken, veggies, olive oil, taco seasoning and lime juice to a large bowl. Toss so that seasoning evenly covers chicken and veggies.
- Transfer chicken/veggie mix to a large short rimmed baking dish that has been lined with foil.
- Bake for about 20-23 mins or until chicken is fully cooked and veggies are soft.
- Once chicken/veggie mix has cooked, layer some in taco boats and/or crunchy tacos along with beans, rice and other favorite toppings. Enjoy!
I found all of my Game Day food and fun at Walmart. So convenient- I can get my weekly groceries and party items all in one stop!
Pin it and share!
Check out a few other recipes, perfect for Game Day fun!
Something to think about….
Have you had a chance to try the cute taco boats from Old El Paso? What’s your favorite food to prepare for Game Day celebrating? What team are you rooting for this season?