Shrimp Avocado Salsa
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
There are so many ways to enjoy this flavorful, guilt-free Shrimp Avocado Salsa. Serve it up as a dip with tortilla chips, stuff it in taco shells or cook it quesadilla-style!
This recipe is impressive due to vibrant colors and fresh flavors, but it’s so easy to throw together too. Simply combine a few favorites- avocado, shrimp, tomato, cilantro and Pace® Picante Sauce. Pace® Picante Sauce is my family’s go-to hot sauce. It gives any meal or snack a delicious kick of flavor! We put it on everything from scrambled eggs to salads.
Two out of three of my picky kiddos love shrimp, so I like to serve it often. They’re also big fans of choices and this recipe works well because it’s wonderful as dip, taco stuffing or quesadilla filling.
This Shrimp Avocado Salsa recipe is so fun, especially if you’re hosting a game day watching party. Give your guests the choice of pairing it with tortilla chips, taco shells or flour tortillas
You’re going to adore this salsa for all of the:
Colorful medley of deliciousness!
It just happens to be a fabulous, crowd-pleasing appetizer. Serve it up at parties, for game day get-togethers or simply enjoy it for a light and tasty snack.
Please, adjust everything to taste. Maybe you want more tomatoes or shrimp or lime. You might want extra heat and no onions. This recipe is intended for your kitchen, you plate, your belly, so make it the way you’d like it.
Enjoy this, my friends! It’s delightful.
Shrimp Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound small shrimp, pre-cooked and defrosted
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, halved, diced into small cubes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered or 2 cups chopped tomatoes, drained a little
- 1/2 small red or white onion, very finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste, start with about 1/4 teaspoon
- Handful cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Tortilla chips, to serve as a dip
- Tortillas and grated cheese to serve as quesadillas
- Taco shells, warmed, grated cheese and lettuce to serve as tacos
- Chop shrimp into small bites and put in medium bowl. Scoop diced avocado into bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, jalapeño (if using, to taste) and Pace® Picante Sauce. Add the juice of one lime, salt, and cilantro. Toss to combine and serve with tortilla chips.
- Alternatively, stuff about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the salsa into each flour tortilla, fold it over and heat in a panini maker, in a skillet or oven for quesadillas.
- To serve as tacos, simply stuff the salsa in a heated taco shell. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
I found Pace® Picante Sauce at my local Walmart. The product was located at the end of an aisle and also could be found with other Mexican-style foods.
Love this recipe? Enjoy similar favorites!
Skinny Mexican Cottage Cheese Dip
Pin this Shrimp Avocado Salsa and share with your friends!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Pace® Picante Sauce?
This salsa is so colorful and looks delicious!
I love the idea of whipping up this salsa, and then serving it in different ways! Of course, in order to serve this in quesadilla form, that means we’d have to not eat it all first. No promises there…either that or I’ll make a double batch! Thanks for sharing! #client
This salsa would be perfect for my next game day spread!! We have one just about every Saturday during college football season and I am sure that this would be a hit!!
Woah woah woah! That looks a lot like my next meal!
I try to change up taco night as much as possible and this would make a tasty variation for sure!
This looks so delicious! I could do taco night in my house every night! So this fits in perfectly! Yum!
I love Pace Picante! We’ve always got a couple of jars in the pantry. These shrimp tacos look amazing!
I have yet to try shrimp tacos (I’ve had fish but not shrimp) not sure why because it’s such a fantastic idea!
Just so happens I have a whole bag of ’em in the freezer, I might just have to pick up a bottle of Pace Picante Sauce and try out your recipe – ASAP!
This sort of reminds me of ceviche a bit. I LOVE salsa though and always get the big family sized bottles/jars because I used it so often lol