Shrimp Avocado Salsa
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
There are so many ways to enjoy this flavorful, guilt-free Shrimp Avocado Salsa. Serve it up as a dip with tortilla chips, stuff it in taco shells or cook it quesadilla-style!
This recipe is impressive due to vibrant colors and fresh flavors, but it’s so easy to throw together too. Simply combine a few favorites- avocado, shrimp, tomato, cilantro and Pace® Picante Sauce. Pace® Picante Sauce is my family’s go-to hot sauce. It gives any meal or snack a delicious kick of flavor! We put it on everything from scrambled eggs to salads.
Two out of three of my picky kiddos love shrimp, so I like to serve it often. They’re also big fans of choices and this recipe works well because it’s wonderful as dip, taco stuffing or quesadilla filling.
This Shrimp Avocado Salsa recipe is so fun, especially if you’re hosting a game day watching party. Give your guests the choice of pairing it with tortilla chips, taco shells or flour tortillas
You’re going to adore this salsa for all of the:
Colorful medley of deliciousness!
It just happens to be a fabulous, crowd-pleasing appetizer. Serve it up at parties, for game day get-togethers or simply enjoy it for a light and tasty snack.
Please, adjust everything to taste. Maybe you want more tomatoes or shrimp or lime. You might want extra heat and no onions. This recipe is intended for your kitchen, you plate, your belly, so make it the way you’d like it.
Enjoy this, my friends! It’s delightful.
Shrimp Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound small shrimp, pre-cooked and defrosted
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, halved, diced into small cubes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered or 2 cups chopped tomatoes, drained a little
- 1/2 small red or white onion, very finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste, start with about 1/4 teaspoon
- Handful cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Tortilla chips, to serve as a dip
- Tortillas and grated cheese to serve as quesadillas
- Taco shells, warmed, grated cheese and lettuce to serve as tacos
- Chop shrimp into small bites and put in medium bowl. Scoop diced avocado into bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, jalapeño (if using, to taste) and Pace® Picante Sauce. Add the juice of one lime, salt, and cilantro. Toss to combine and serve with tortilla chips.
- Alternatively, stuff about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the salsa into each flour tortilla, fold it over and heat in a panini maker, in a skillet or oven for quesadillas.
- To serve as tacos, simply stuff the salsa in a heated taco shell. Enjoy!
I found Pace® Picante Sauce at my local Walmart. The product was located at the end of an aisle and also could be found with other Mexican-style foods.
Love this recipe? Enjoy similar favorites!
Pin this Shrimp Avocado Salsa and share with your friends!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Pace® Picante Sauce?