Flourless Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Flourless Pumpkin Protein Pancakes are perfect for autumn, so scrumptious, beyond easy to make and they have a great nutritional profile!
Tis the season of pumpkin, and there isn’t a better way to conjure the feeling of fall than to make lots of yummy food with this versatile squash. In the fall, pumpkin pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast meals. Not only are they super easy to make, they bring all the deliciousness of Thanksgiving to the breakfast table.
My Flourless Pumpkin Protein Pancakes are a spin off my Flourless Protein Pancakes that are made with mashed banana and both recipes boast a huge punch of protein, perfect for gaining lean muscle. These are lightly sweet and tasty enough you really don’t even need maple syrup or other toppings. I often bring them to work for an afternoon snack and eat them straight out of a baggie. But add berries, coconut flakes, a little crunchy peanut butter and maple syrup and you’re golden.
I cooked these up using a new favorite protein powder, Nuzest. You guys know that I also love Perfect Fit. I just recently started using Nuzest and I’ve been very pleased, regarding the taste in smoothies and the texture when baking with it. I’ve chosen it over Perfect Fit because it tastes just as good, is lower in calories and carbs and higher in protein.
Nuzest is premium european golden pea protein for energy, recovery, repair and weight management. It’s all natural and Paleo friendly and free from gluten, dairy, soy and GMOs. This isn’t a sponsored post, I really like it though, and figure you guys would too. Take a look at all of the flavors available and the ingredient list too. I’ve tried them all with the exception of Just Natural and they were all wonderful. Rich Chocolate was my favorite, of course. 🙂
What do these Flourless Pumpkin Protein Pancakes taste like? Kind of amazing. They’re:
And perfect for chilly fall mornings
Do yourself a favor and whip these up asap. You can thank me later! When you do be sure to snap a photo and tag #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy!
Flourless Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree, 38g
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, if using Nuzest this will be 2 scoops
- 4 tablespoons organic egg whites from a carton, 46g
- 1-2 tablespoons water or more, as needed for a thinner consistency
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Stir to combine pumpkin, protein powder, egg whites and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl; add 1-2 tablespoons water as needed for a thinner consistency.
- Heat a greased skillet or griddle to medium low heat. Slowly and evenly pour the
- batter onto the pan to make several small pancakes. I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup per pancake. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on one side. Once the underside of the pancake is golden brown, carefully flip and cook for another 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown and the pancake is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and top with a drizzle of real maple syrup, nut or seed butter and fruit if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe will also work to make a one large Belgian-size waffle.
If you love these Flourless Pumpkin Protein Pancakes and you’re on the lookout for other gluten-free pumpkin recipes, check out the recipes below!
Pin these Flourless Pumpkin Protein Pancakes!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite pumpkin flavored recipe that’s not a dessert? Have you broke out the pumpkin, yet, this season?