This Paleo Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake is so tender and delicious that you’d never guess it is actually nutritious. Quick and easy, all you need is a mug, microwave and less than 5 minutes to whip up this tasty fall-inspired treat!
Happy first day of fall! Break out the pumpkin! Oh wait… I already did. I’ve made pumpkin spice muffins billions of times. In fact, one of my favorite muffin recipes ever is for these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins. Love them! But a microwave mug cake or muffin is something entirely different. A pumpkin dessert in less than 5 minutes… yes, please! Let’s get seasonal!
Just one of the many great things about pumpkin is that it acts as a natural binder in baked goods, so one egg white is all you need. I tried this recipe without the egg white in hopes that I could make a vegan mug cake, but the texture was not great. To keep things free from gluten, I used two of my favorites; coconut flour and almond flour. You can find both of these flours at most any grocery store and I think even Walmart carries them. Take a look down the baking aisle.
There’s no more waiting until Thanksgiving to enjoy our favorite fall dessert. You guys are going to be head-over-heels for this pumpkin mug cake! It’s:
Kind of perfect
And positively scrumptious!
I’ve been enjoying mine at breakfast with coffee and in the afternoon with tea. This really is the perfect snack or dessert to make on a whim- you know when that sugar craving sets in and you just need a little something cakey and sweet?! Pumpkin season has officially arrived and I couldn’t be more stoked. Hooo-ray!
Let us see your version. Whip up this pumpkin spice mug cake, snap a photo and post it on Instagram with #kimscravings! Enjoy, friends!
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon or for store-bought
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg white from an egg, not carton
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand.)
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a medium microwave-safe mug, that has been greased or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Stir in the remainder with a small whisk or fork until batter is smooth.
- Cook in microwave for approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds, depending on your micrwave. Cake is best eaten immediately or not long after being cooked. Enjoy topped with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt!
So now you have an almost completely full can of pumpkin puree, use the rest of the can to make a few of my other favorite pumpkin recipes!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried making a mug cake? I absolutely love them for a quick and easy dessert! Get more mug cake inspiration from my 10 Healthy Microwave Mug Cake Recipe Roundup post.