Pumpkin Pomegranate Blondies
Enjoy a taste of the holidays in every bite of these incredibly moist flavorful Pumpkin Pomegranate Blondies!
These little beauties are the perfect balance of healthier dessert and indulgence. They’re super moist, soft and brimming with slightly tart pomegranate arils (seeds).
I modeled them after my Banana Date Blondies. It’s an easy, no-mixer, one-bowl recipe that takes just minutes to whisk together. For these pumpkin pomegranate blondies, I used pumpkin puree, plenty of pumpkin pie spice, pomegranate seeds and a new-to-me product, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend.
SPLENDA® is a smart sweetening choice for those of us working to live a balanced lifestyle. With SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend I was able to create a festive holiday dessert that has the sweet taste of sugar, but fewer calories. SPLENDA® Sweetener Products can be used almost anywhere sugar is used, including cooking and baking.
These pumpkin pomegranate blondies have the most pleasant sweet pumpkiny delicious flavor. I had such great results baking with SPLENDA®, I’m definitely a fan! Did you know that swapping one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, can save more than 600 calories. Wowsers… I can’t wait to use SPLENDA® in my next holiday cookie recipe!
The recipe only makes an 8-inch pan and if you have pumpkin friends in your house, the bars will probably be gone in a day. These blondies are seriously addicting and at only 68 calories per bar, there’s no shame in indulging in more than a few of these scrumptious treats.
Simple to make, packed with flavor, and the tooth-sinking dense texture is amazingly satisfying. A must make for this holiday season!
- 1 cup flour I used whole wheat flour. These also work well with whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, all purpose flour and even pancake mix (see note).
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil other oils would work
- 2 eggs whisked
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 to ½ cup chopped walnuts pecans or mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour or pancake mix, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Create a well in the center of the combined dry ingredients. In the center, whisk eggs, pumpkin and oil together. Then stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in pomegranate seeds and any other optional ingredients (if using).
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Let bars cool completely in pan before cutting- enjoy!
-This recipe works fabulously using pancake mix, instead of flour. If using pancake mix, omit the baking powder and salt.
-When measuring out flour or pancake mix- spoon mix into measuring cup and use a knife to level, for most accurate measurements.
-Nutritional information not calculated with optional ingredients.
Looking for other healthier blondie recipes? Check out a couple of other favorites!
Something to think about….
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.