Chocolate Chip Cherry Banana Blondies
Chocolate Chip Cherry Banana Blondies- juicy cherries combine with chocolate chips and sweet ripe bananas for an incredibly scrumptious treat!
If you haven’t eaten any fresh cherries this summer, what are you waiting for? I know, I know… the pit can be a bit of a pain. I have this OXO pitter and it works pretty well- cherries are just messy, though. But, oh so worth it!
The greatness of this recipe is how super fast and easy it is, one bowl, and no mixer needed. Stir all of the dry ingredients, mash those nanners, and stir it along with the other wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the chopped cherries and chocolate chips, pour batter into an 8 x 8 baking dish and bake ‘er up!
If you don’t have cherries on hand or just prefer another fruit, these blondies would work beautifully with blueberries, halved raspberries or blackberries, diced strawberries, or peaches… let your imagination run wild. Heck, you could even throw some chopped nuts in, for good measure!
Bananas are my favorite little baking secret. They really bring out the sweetness without having to add very much sugar and they also keep these blondies so moist without any added butter. I only added 2 tablespoons olive oil because a little oil gives baked goods a nicer texture. Leave it out, if you wish.
Chocolate Chip Cherry Banana Blondies
- 1 cup flour*
- ½ cup coconut sugar, regular sugar or brown sugar would work
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, other oils would work
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life brand- they are allergy friendly and dairy, nut and soy free
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour or pancake mix, sugar, baking powder and salt. Create a well in the center of the combined dry ingredients. In the center, whisk eggs, banana, oil and vanilla together. Then stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Let bars cool completely in pan before cutting- enjoy!
- This recipe works fabulously using pancake mix, specifically Kodiak Cake Pancake Mix, instead of flour. If using pancake mix, omit the baking powder and salt.
- I used whole wheat pastry flour. These also work well with spelt flour or all purpose flour.
- When measuring out flour or pancake mix- spoon mix into measuring cup and use a knife to level, for most accurate measurements.
- If feeding a crowd, double the recipe and use a 9x13 baking pan.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
If these Chocolate Chip Cherry Banana Blondies are your thang, you’ll love my Banana Date Blondies too!
Are you more of a blondie or brownie person? I say, both! 🙂
Have you had cherries, yet, this summer? Looking for another way to use them up? This Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream is the bomb! At Landen’s request I made it again, a few weeks ago and it was devoured.
Hi. Do you think I can add some oats?
Thanks for sharing
Could applesauce be used in place of bananas? Allergic to bananas. Thank you.
I haven’t tried it, so I can’t say for sure that it would work.
I tried this today after cherry picking yesterday – I’m an entry level cook, and I found the recipe REALLY easy, fun to make and so delicious!! Loved it 🙂 thanks for sharing!!
That’s so awesome!! I’m so glad you enjoyed! Thanks so much for your comment!
I don’t know why, but I never combine cherries and banana. These look so perfect and moist!
Oh, you see need to give it a try! happy 4th, to ya!
these look great, I’d love to try to make them gluten free!