Chewy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
The ultimate Chewy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars- these babies are so soft, scrumptious and quite possibly the perfect fall snack! And even better, they’re vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
They have just the right amount of pumpkin flavoring. The pumpkin taste is not overpowering, so even if someone in your household doesn’t particularly care for pumpkin, chances are they’ll still really enjoy these Chewy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars.
I’ve been craving a fall-ish flavored healthier snack bar that my kids and I could enjoy for an after school treat. Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins with chocolate chips are seriously my VERY favorite treat during pumpkin season. Pumpkin, oats and chocolate go hand-in-hand for me, so I knew that this recipe would be a winner.
Pumpkin gives these bars a lovely tenderness and the quick cooking oats bind well, giving each bite a chewy texture. I used Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice to give the bars a very slight crisp. The texture of these bars, seriously, can’t be beat!
Brown rice syrup is one of my favorite binding sweeteners. It leaves the bars with a rich sweetness and depth of flavor. You could use honey, but the brown rice syrup is much stickier and I feel it adds the perfect sweet flavor to these pumpkin bars. Also, beware that if you use honey, the bars won’t be vegan.
- 2 3/4 cups quick cooking oats gluten-free as needed
- 1/2 cup rice crispy cereal I like Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice and used the cinnamon variety for this recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or other nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup honey will work, but is not quite as sticky as brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar OR 2 tablespoons brown sugar Splenda blend
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Stir together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk liquid ingredients together in a separate bowl, then stir wet into dry. Gradually stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Smooth down firmly, using the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 15 minutes. Cut bars down the center and then in rows, for a total of 10 bars. Enjoy! Bars can be stored in the fridge for well over a week or in an airtight container for several days on the counter.
Nutritional info for bars is calculated using Splenda brown sugar.
Not only are these Chewy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars pretty great, but I’ve always been a fan of rice cereal and I love that Erewhon carries only organic, non-GMO, all-natural cereals. In fact, Erewhon was the first company to establish a Charter of Quality Standards for Natural Products so you as a consumer always know what “natural” means regarding Erewhon products. According to the Charter, the term “natural” describes products that adhere
to the following guidelines:
— No synthetic additives or preservatives
— No artificial colors or flavors
— No hydrogenated or solvent extracted oils
— No refined flour or sugar
— Only natural sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup and molasses
You can find a large variety of Erewhon cereal varieties on the Attune Foods website, plus a host of other delicious products offered by Attune Foods. Use the store locator to fine Erewhon cereals and other Attune food products in your area.
Follow Attune Foods on social media for recipe inspiration, coupons and more
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice? Did you eat rice crisp cereal, growing up? Don’t you love that pop?!?!
Looking for other healthy snack bars, check out a few other favorites.
Pin for later!
Thanks to Attune Foods for sponsoring this post and sending me yummy Erewhon cereals to create these yummy pumpkin snack bars!