Pasta Meatball Soup
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carando®. All opinions are 100% mine.
This easy Pasta Meatball Soup is a hearty, delicious, make-you-feel-good recipe. Made in just 20 minutes and in one bowl, the kiddos and adults will LOVE this meal!
I used Carando Recipes Italian Meatballs and just a few other ingredients to create a simple, yet slurp-worthy soup. I picked up the Carando Italian Meatballs at my local Kroger in the meat department. I was super stoked to find a brand of meatballs that’s ready to cook, but tasty enough your family will think you slaved away in the kitchen all day. Carando uses authentic Italian recipes to craft their Italian Sausage, Meatballs and Charcuterie items that will make your family VERY excited to come to the dinner table.
No slaving away for this recipe! Only 20 minutes was all I needed to have a satisfying, family-friendly meal ready to serve. And boy did my family love this meal… we didn’t have as much leftover as I would have liked. Yep, even my notoriously picky kiddos gobbled this one up.
The Carando Italian Meatballs give this Pasta Meatball Soup such a lovely flavor, almost like I’m enjoying a meal straight from Italy. Ha! I wish!
The next best thing is happening at Kroger and Kroger banner stores. Kroger has a Taste of Italy event going on from now until September 24th. They will be sharing authentic Italian flavors and Italian meal inspiration with in-store demos and displays. Contact your local Kroger store for specific dates and times. Sounds super fun and tasty!
This Pasta Meatball Soup couldn’t be more perfect for upcoming cool fall weather! You guys are going to love it! It’s:
And delicious… comfort food at its best!!
I love making this kind of meal when you need to entertain but don’t want to spend a lot of time and money on the meal. It’s also a great soup to make ahead for lunches and easy weeknight dinners throughout the week.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment below and while you’re at it, take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram or send a snap on Snapchat (find me at @kimscravings).
Pasta Meatball Soup
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 24-26 oz. jar prepared marinara
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 16 oz. package meatballs (I like Carando Italian Meatballs)
- 8 oz. Rotini Pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk or half and half, I use almond milk
- Heat a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add crushed tomatoes, marinara, chicken broth, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, seasonings and cornstarch to skillet. Bring to boil, then reduce to a low simmer.
- Add meatballs to simmering soup, cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Add pasta and simmer over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaf and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted followed by milk/half and half. If you like a thinner soup, stir in additional chicken broth or water.
- Garnish individual servings with grated Parmesan, parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Looking for other quick and easy meals? Try these other favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried a Pasta Meatball Soup? Have you tried Carando meatballs?