Flourless Protein Pancakes
Prepare yourself. You guys are going to go bananas for these Flourless Protein Pancakes. They’re packed with protein, absolutely scrumptious, super healthy and ready in 5 minutes so you can have nutritious, gluten free pancakes at a moment’s notice!
Even better, you get to enjoy all three of these scrumptious flourless protein pancakes for just over 200 calories. I drizzle on this pancake syrup (which includes no sugar, calories or carbs) and top them off with a handful of berries. Now that’s a breakfast I can totally get down with!
I’m such a sucker for pancakes and waffles. Yes, I usually whip up a refreshing smoothie, but on Saturdays and Sundays I’m all about a cozier morning meal. I’m also all about sticking to a healthy eating plan.
I can totally stick to food and fitness goals and still indulge in a delicious breakfast with these flourless protein pancakes. If you’re in the mood for waffles, instead, give my chocolate protein waffles a try. This recipe is pretty much the protein waffle recipe, made into pancakes. As with the waffles, I suggest using Perfect Fit protein powder because not only does it taste delicious, it is organic, vegan and completely natural, developed by the Tone It Up girls.
Do yourself a favor and cook these up asap. And when you do, be sure to snap a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @kimscravings. I love to see my creations in your kitchens!
Flourless Protein Pancakes
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 scoop or packet vanilla protein powder*, use a gluten free variety as needed
- ¼ cup egg whites** + 1-2 tablespoons water, as needed for a thinner consistency
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey, optional for serving
- ¼ cup fresh fruit, optional for serving
- Mash banana in a small bowl. Add protein powder and egg whites; stir to combine and add 1-2 tablespoons water as needed for a thinner consistency.
- Heat a greased skillet or griddle to medium low heat. Slowly and evenly pour the
- batter onto the pan to make several small pancakes. I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup per pancake. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on one side. Once the underside of the pancake is golden brown, carefully flip and cook for another 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown and the pancake is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and top with a drizzle of real maple syrup and fruit if desired. Enjoy!
**I use carton egg whites.
***These pancakes will also cook up wonderfully as waffles.Spray your waffle iron (top and bottom) with cooking spray and pour batter onto waffle iron. The batter is thick, so smooth it out over the waffle iron. Allow waffle to cook. I cook mine on the highest setting and a little longer from when the waffle iron goes off, so the waffles are a little crisper, otherwise these will be very soft waffles. Recipe will make one large Belgian waffle.
****Nutritional info will vary depending on protein powder used. I also calculated with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and ¼ cup raspberries, so sugar will be lower if not using.
Pin these Flourless Protein Pancakes for later and share with your friends!
If these are right up your alley, be sure to try a few other protein-packed favorites!
Chocolate Protein Waffles (the inspiration for this pancake recipe)
Low Carb Protein Waffles (great if you’re looking for high protein, but lower carbs)
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite high protein breakfast idea? Have you ever tried Perfect Fit protein powder? So good, right?