Whole Grain Pancakes
This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Creating healthy, low-fat, whole grain pancakes that are light and fluffy is not an easy feat, but with the right balance of ingredients, it can be done!
These whole grain pancakes are simple, wholesome, and satisfying. With the right amount of baking powder and a nice ratio of wheat flour and oats to all-purpose flour, you’ll be able to whip up beautiful thick and fluffy hot cakes.
These pancakes could not be easier- one bowl and about 25 minutes is all you need. Simply mix the dry ingredients- flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon.
Next, add the wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
Time to cook them up! Spoon batter out on a griddle or skillet to make 3-inch pancakes. Once the pancakes start to bubble on top, flip them and cook another couple of minutes. Easy peasy… breakfast is served!
Beyond being healthy and wholesome, they also taste amazing! They’re tender, slightly nutty, hearty, fast and perfect for the whole family.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat original fortified soy milk
- 1/4 cup liquid-egg substitute
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the soy milk and egg substitute and mix until the batter is smooth. The amount of milk is variable according to how thick or thin you like your pancakes.
- Lightly spray a large, non-stick skillet or griddle pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Spoon the batter into the skillet so it forms 3-inch pancakes. When the pancakes bubble, turn them over. Brown them well on the other side, then remove them from the pan. Continue in this fashion until you have used up all the batter.
Nutritional facts are estimates only.
If you’re a fan of healthier pancake recipes, check out these other favorites.
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite morning meal?
Have you tried whole grain pancakes?
For more great recipes visit myalli.com.