October 2016 Stitch Fix + $100 Giveaway
Hello, fall!! And hello October 2016 Stitch Fix, with plenty of awesome fall transitional pieces! The time of year we’ve all been impatiently waiting for (or maybe that’s just me) is officially here. Fall just has a way with me. From wearing big comfy sweaters and scarves to everything pumpkin and the whole cuddling up on the couch every evening under a fuzzy blanket thing – I really love this season.
Take a look at all of the awesome fall transitional items that arrived in my October 2016 Stitch Fix and scroll down to the bottom of the post to enter to win $100 in Stitch Fix loot, so you can get your own fall Fix – let’s do this! Oh and real quick, did you hear the news? You may have already heard the buzz, but it’s official – Stitch Fix Men is here! Watch out ladies, the men in your life are about to up their style game! My 15-year-old son (he’s all about fashion and my camera man!) has a box set to arrive mid-October. I can’t wait to check it out and I will be sure to share.
Before we jump into my latest Stitch Fix goodies, let me give you a rundown of how Stitch Fix works, for all of the virgins out there (it’s okay, your secret’s safe with me).
1. You start by filling out your style profile – you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest, so your stylist can see what you like!2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee, however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. You can also let your stylist know if you only want clothing in your fix. I did this for awhile, but recently I updated my options to receive handbags.
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so – use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don’t be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn’t normally. That’s what makes Stitch Fix so fun! If you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix – yes, please!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Okay now seriously, here we go! Remember – If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar! That’s what I do to get the best fix possible!
Donny Cowl Neck Pullover by RD Style | S | 68.00 | Keep
I really loved this sweater and I felt like it went exceptionally well with the cords that were also sent in this Fix. Both are really getting me in the mood for the fall season… now if the weather would just cooperate!
I did feel like the sweater was slightly too oversized. I probably should have attempted to grab a smaller size, but I was somewhat worried about an exchange being too small, especially since I’ll be wearing something underneath. The sweater is really comfortable and isn’t itchy at all, like other similar sweaters. The neutral color is perfect to pair with a variety of colored jeans and pants. Also cowl neck sweaters are my favorite! This was for sure a keeper! I paired this look with my go-to riding boot, the Jackie Button by Frye (some colors and sizes are being offered at a great price). If you’re on the search for a classic riding boot with a small heel, this is it.
In all of the photos in this Stitch Fix review, I’m wearing the latest goodies that arrived in my Rocksbox. The Kendra Scott Candice Cuff Bracelet in gold has quickly become my go-to bracelet when I’m looking to wear gold. This bracelet also comes in gunmetal, rose gold and silver and is adjustable. It also goes perfectly with the Kendra Scott Benning Necklace that was also sent in this month’s shipment and the Kendra Scott Brenna Earrings that were sent in a previous shipment. The House of Harlow 1960 arrow ring that I also received looks to be sold out at this time, but here is a similar gold arrow ring.
If you’re not familiar with Rocksbox, it’s similar to Stitch Fix where you receive a shipment of items. Here are a few more details for those of you interested:
- Rocksbox is a premium jewelry subscription that carries popular brands, like Gorjana and Kendra Scott.
- You have the opportunity to complete a style profile and also add available items to a personal wish list. You will then be sent 3 jewelry pieces by your stylist.
- You get to try one month completely free with no commitment to continue. It’s a win-win! Sign up here and use the code KIMLBFF3.
- If you choose to continue after the FREE month, there will be a $19 monthly fee. You will get to keep and enjoy your jewelry pieces as long as you’d like on loan. You can get as many shipments as you’d like to try.
- Like with Stitch Fix, you can make special requests. Perfect if you have an event coming up or if you’ve been eyeing a particular Kendra Scott necklace.
- Of course, you can purchase any of the pieces you receive with a great discount off of the retail price.
- You will be provided a prepaid shipping label, and envelope so sending back your box is super simple.
- Don’t worry- each piece is sanitized and cleaned thoroughly before it is sent out. I’ve never been able to tell that a piece was not new.
- As an added bonus, there is a Shine Insider Reward Program that gives you $10 Shine Spend every month. You can use it that month to purchase your favorite piece. You can also earn Forever Spend by referring friends, which can be used immediately, or can be saved to use for a future purchases. Loving this service!
After taking a looksie on the Stitch Fix app, I knew these cords (similar style, price and color) were more than likely a keeper, provided they fit well. The price was right, I love cords and this is not a color I currently have. The Edyson brand is new to Stitch Fix, so I wasn’t sure, but yay! they fit great and the length will pair great with riding boots or even booties.
SHOP THIS LOOK
Evie Drawstring Funnel Neck Sweatshirt by Loveappella | S | 64.00 | Keep
If you’ve been keeping up with my Stitch Fix review posts for long, than you know that I have this same top in blue. I had pinned a striped one that I really wanted. Unfortunately, that one was not available, but I do love this top, so it’s a keeper. It’s super comfy and is great for casual Friday.
Malbec Elbow Patch Knit Top by Loveappella | XS | 58.00 | Keep
This sweater was my least favorite item from this fix. I’ve specifically noted that I do not want to receive anything with elbow patches. I don’t like them and I personally think they look silly. However, I will say this sweater is one of the softest, comfiest sweaters I’ve tried on. Plus, since I was planning to keep everything else, I would be getting $74 off, which took care of the sweater and then some.
I know this will be an item I’ll be able to throw on to run errands and it will be great for lounging around the house and such.
SHOP THIS POST
Juno Small Folded Clutch by Street Level | 38.00 | Keep
You cannot even imagine my excitement over this clutch. I’ve been searching for a black leather clutch that was simple, small, but with enough room I could carry the essentials. This completely surpassed my expectations!!
The leather is so soft and absolutely beautiful. And would you just look at those two zippers. This clutch as two zippered sections perfect for keeping everything organized. This will be so perfect for my upcoming trip to NYC… weeee!! I have a feeling this is an exclusive bag to Stitch Fix, as I couldn’t find it for sale anywhere, but I did find a few great similar items. If you’re splurging, I love this Tory Burch (it is actually on sale), but this bag is only 39.95 and is super cute.
SHOP THIS LOOK
October 2016 Stitch Fix – The Breakdown
Cowl Neck Sweater – 68.00
Corduroy Skinny Jean – 68.00
Funnel Neck Sweatshirt – 64.00
Elbow Patch Knit Top – 58.00
Folded Clutch – 38.00
Subtotal – 296.00
Buy 5 discount (25%) – -74.00
Styling Fee Credit – -20.00
Total – 202.00
October 2016 Stitch Fix Giveaway
Now for the best part! I love Stitch Fix so much I want all of you fellow fashionistas to enjoy this awesome service too. Enter below at your chance to win $100 in Stitch Fix credit! Be sure to sign up for your own Fix, here!
Something to think about….
What do you think about my picks, this month? If you see something you love, don’t hesitate to pin one or more of the items. Who else is ready for Fall wear… scarves, riding boots and sweaters?
Have you tried Stitch Fix? If so, please share your thoughts.
I’m linking up with Maria from Crazy Together, along with other bloggers to share our October 2016 Stitch Fix goodies! Head over to read other reviews and get even more ideas for your Pinterest boards!
Kim’s Cravings is now on Snapchat!
Want to see what’s going on behind the scenes around here? Add me on Snapchat – my username is kimscravings, or just snap a pic of my snapcode below. Send me a snap anytime – I’d love to hear from you!
Many links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! ???? Thank you so much for your support!