Skinny Chicken Taco Soup
This recipe for 1-pot Skinny Chicken Taco Soup has got to be the easiest, quickest, most flavorful way to cook up a hearty Tex-Mex inspired bowl of deliciousness!
This soup may be easy, but it’s big on flavor! I love making this kind of meal when you need to entertain but don’t want to spend a lot of time and money on the meal. It’s also a great soup to make ahead for lunches and easy weeknight dinners throughout the week. And at over 11 grams fiber and 24 grams protein per 1 1/2 cup servings, you can’t go wrong! Ladle it into beautiful bowls, add a little avocado on top for some healthy fats and you’re all set.
Speaking of these beautiful bowls that I picked out from Uncommon Goods, I love them so much, I just purchased a couple more for gifts this holiday season. They are perfect for taking your bowl of soup to the couch and catching up on your favorite show or snuggling up with your favorite book… and your crushed up tortilla chips or crackers are right within hands reach. Uncommon Goods has some of the coolest products.
Have you taken a look around the website? So many unique items, perfect for gift-giving. Whether you’re shopping for birthday gifts or anniversary gifts, from the kiddos in your family to the person that seemingly has everything, there are so many fun ideas at Uncommon Goods. You can find fabulous possibilities for surprising your favorite people with something different and outside of the box. See birthday gifting options, here and anniversary gifts, here. And be sure to click here to see the anniversary gifts specific for your main man. They can be so hard to buy for!
While you’re at it don’t miss these whimsical bowls and all of the other awesome kitchen goodies, found here. With the approach of winter comes the eager anticipation of soup meals! And your Skinny Chicken Taco Soup will taste even better when eaten from this artistic dish-ware. I’m sure the bowls are great for ice cream and cookies too, but I wouldn’t know… Ha!
Not only is it so simple and yummy, but this Skinny Chicken Taco Soup boasts a tasty southwest ranch flavor, and the mouthwatering contrast of the creamy beans with the crunchy chips pleases with every bite. I know you guys will enjoy this meal as much as my family does! It’s:
Packed with fiber + protein
Ready to go in 10 minutes
I cannot wait for y’all to give this recipe a try and when you do, be sure to comment and let me know what you think. Also, I’d love to see your version on Instagram. Snap a photo and tag it #kimscravings, so I can see what you’re cookin’ up.
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in their juices
- 1 15-ounce can Mexican or Southwest-style corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth add more for a thinner soup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder see note
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken*
- Optional toppings: Crushed tortilla chips freshly grated cheese, sour cream or plain non-fat Greek yogurt, freshly chopped cilantro, avocado
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large, deep soup pot over medium heat. Stir to combine. Continue heating until warmed through, about 5-8 minutes w/ pot covered. Add cooked chicken and continue to warm about 5 more minutes. Taste, adding additional salt and pepper as desired. Serve hot with desired toppings. This soup is even better the next day, after all of the flavors have a chance to meld and marinate.
*I use rotisserie chicken or Archer Farms natural shredded chicken from Target.
**Leftovers can be frozen for up to 3 months.
***To change things up, try substituting about a pound cooked lean ground beef or ground turkey for the chicken.
****Also, feel free to keep the soup vegan and leave the meat out entirely. You can replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth or water.
*****This soup definitely has a little kick of spice. To keep your soup on the mild side, only use 1 tablespoon chili powder.
Love Skinny Chicken Taco Soup? Try some other similar favorites!
Pin it and share the yumminess!
Something to think about….
Have you ever shopped Uncommon Goods? What did you buy?
Thanks so much to Uncommon Goods for sending these unique, gorgeous soup bowls my way and sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own.