Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad
We’re shaking things up and joining lean chicken and chopped romaine with zesty Tex-Mex inspired ingredients to create the most incredibly tasty Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad!
If you’ve been following Kim’s Cravings for a bit, I’m sure you’ve noticed salads are my absolute favorite meal to make. There are so many different ingredient combinations to try and you can keep it as simple or make it as fancy as you’d like. Please believe me when I tell you this is one of my all-time VERY favorite salads ever. If I could make you guys try 5 recipes on the blog, this would definitely be one of them.
This super easy Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad starts with cooked chicken breast and chopped romaine and is topped with superfoods like tomato, black beans and avocado. Diced red bell pepper and corn add brightness and a subtle sweetness and a creamy taco-flavored dressing ties it all together. Bam!
The dressing is out of this world! I actually use it as a topper for lots of my salads and other meals. To keep it figure-friendly, I whip it up using mostly Greek yogurt. In other words, it’s borderline dressing perfection. My personal favorite Greek yogurt is Chobani. I picked up the Chobani and all of the other ingredients needed to make this salad at one of my favorite grocery stores, Albertsons.
Albertson’s consistently stocks fresh, flavorful foods and products are easy to find and organized well within the store. This time of year, they’re all about getting ready for the gold. Who would love to win a trip to the U.S. Olympic Training Camp? How cool would that be?!?! If I won the trip, I would definitely love to watch the women’s gymnastics team. They are absolutely amazing! Scroll down to the very bottom for the details.
So healthy, filling and fresh- you guys are going to go crazy for this Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad! I’m seriously smitten! It’s:
Loaded with superfoods, protein and fiber
And over-the-top delicious!
This would make the perfect weeknight meal when you’re craving something quick and healthy. Although it’s delicious as is, I suggest crushing up some tortilla chips and putting them on top for extra crunch. Come on – live a little!
I hope you love this salad as much as I do! If you give it a try, take a picture and tag it @kimscravings on Instagram or Twitter! I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy!
Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad
For the salad:
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken, about 2 breasts and a little over 8 ounces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can sweet yellow corn, drained (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 small to medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped well
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 small ripe avocados or 1 large Haas avocado, diced
For the dressing:
- ⅔ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I like Chobani Greek yogurt), or about 5.3 oz.
- ⅓ cup Just Mayo or avocado oil mayo, or use additional Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, store-bought or homemade
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad, gradually, as you toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until salad is coated in dressing. Add salt to taste, as needed.
- Serve on bread, in a wrap, over greens or dip style with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
If you love this Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad, you’ve got to try my Mexican Chopped Tuna Salad!
Enter to win the Get Ready For Gold Sweepstakes!
20 GRAND PRIZE WINNERS will be selected to win an Olympic Training Camp Experience.
100 SILVER PRIZE WINNERS will be selected to win prize packs featuring a beach towel, beach ball, umbrella chair with cooler, and an Under Armour bag c/o P&G.
200 BRONZE PRIZE WINNERS will be selected to win prize packs featuring a soccer ball, waterproof bluetooth speaker, and 20oz. bottle.
- Make a qualifying purchase at a participating store location, like Albertsons, before August 22, 2016.
- Be sure to save your receipt and upload it at www.cokeplaytowin.com/readyforgold by September 5, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
See official sweepstakes rules for more information and to learn how to enter without purchase.
If you were one of the winners of the grand prize, what sport would you be most excited to watch at training camp?
Although I have been compensated for this post, all opinions are my own.
Yum, I love recipes that make great leftovers. I can totally see me making this for dinner and having lunch the next day for the whole family too 🙂 Thanks for the recipe.
I’m so with you! Hope you get a chance to give it a try!