August 2016 Stitch Fix + $100 Giveaway
Hello, fellow Stitch Fix Fans! Happy August and happy birthday month to me and anyone else celebrating this month! How’s it shakin’? And how the heck did July pass us by so quickly. My August 2016 Stitch Fix was a good one, so let’s get right to it.
If you’re interested in learning more about this cool personal shopping service, my first Stitch Fix post explains everything. If you’re already a Stitch Fix subscriber, but haven’t been so lucky with getting great boxes, be sure to check out my advice for how to get the most out of Stitch Fix! I also have a whole page where you can find everything Stitch Fix. And be sure to follow my “My Style” Pinterest board, where I update, often, my favorite Stitch Fix styles. Scroll on down to check out what I received this month and don’t miss the giveaway at the bottom of the post.
Loma Knit Dress by Loveappella | S | 68.00 | Keep
After peeking on the Stitch Fix app, and seeing that this dress was included in my shipment, I turned up my nose. But after trying on the knit dress from Loveappella (similar and on sale) I’m starting to really like it a lot. Maybe my personal stylist, Tiff, knows me better than I know myself.
The fit is super flattering, even from behind. The knit material is also really comfortable and I love that this dress is work appropriate, but also trendy enough to wear out for date night. Did I mention my birthday is this month? 🙂
They’re a little blurry (thanks to my 15-year-old son and man behind the camera), but I adore these Kendra Scott Kate Earrings in Platinum Drusy (seen below) that I received from my latest Rocksbox.
If you’re not familiar with Rocksbox, it’s similar to Stitch Fix where you receive a shipment of items. Here are a few more details for those of you interested:
- Rocksbox is a premium jewelry subscription that carries popular brands, like Gorjana and Kendra Scott.
- You have the opportunity to complete a style profile and also add available items to a personal wish list. You will then be sent 3 jewelry pieces by your stylist.
- You get to try one month completely free with no commitment to continue. It’s a win-win! Sign up hereand use the code KIMLBFF3.
- If you choose to continue after the FREE month, there will be a $19 monthly fee. You will get to keep and enjoy your jewelry pieces as long as you’d like on loan. You can get as many shipments as you’d like to try.
- Like with Stitch Fix, you can make special requests. Perfect if you have an event coming up or if you’ve been eyeing a particular Kendra Scott necklace.
- Of course, you can purchase any of the pieces you receive with a great discount off of the retail price.
- You will be provided a prepaid shipping label, and envelope so sending back your box is super simple.
- Don’t worry- each piece is sanitized and cleaned thoroughly before it is sent out. I’ve never been able to tell that a piece was not new.
- As an added bonus, there is a Shine Insider Reward Program that gives you $10 Shine Spend every month. You can use it that month to purchase your favorite piece. You can also earn Forever Spend by referring friends, which can be used immediately, or can be saved to use for a future purchases. Loving this service!
Abiga Lace Detail Knit Tank by Skies are Blue| XS | 48.00 | Keep
Have I ever mentioned how much I love yellow? It’s such a bright and cheery color that isn’t worn near enough. I spotted this tank on another blog and pinned it to my style Pinterest board, in hopes that Tiff could find it in my size and send it my way. Score!
I love that the looser fit keeps things super comfortable and that back detail is adorbs. I probably need to wear a different bra, though. This one is a keeper, for sure!
This Papermoon top was another item in my box that didn’t thrill me, at first. However, I’ve actually already worn it several times and really like it. It goes perfectly with jeans, shorts and pants. I wore it to work with my white Kut from the Kloth (similar and on sale) distressed cropped jeans.
It’s simple, yet stylish and like I’ve said about everything else in this “Fix”, it’s super comfortable. The crochet detail around the neckline adds a little something special too.
Nik Printed Skinny Jean by Liverpool | Size 2/26 | 78.00 | Keep
Liverpool jeans are my favorite and I was super excited to see that I was receiving the Nik Printed Skinny Jeans that I had pinned. I was actually a little scared to slip these on since I had just arrived home from an all inclusive vacation in Punta Cana, where I never passed on the dessert table or the bar. Ha! As a side note, it was an amazing trip… you should so check out my vacation pics on Instagram. We had such a fabulous time, we’re already planning to go back next year!
Whew… they fit like a dream! Luckily, they have quite a bit of stretch. 🙂 I’m not trying to show off my booty in the picture below, I just know that when I read fashion posts, I like to be able to clearly see how items fit, especially jeans. These are keepers! Even though I have quite a few pairs of skinny jeans, these are really unique with the added print.
Heather Hammered Bar Drop Earrings by Gorjana | 45.00 | Keep
Gorjana jewelry is a little pricey, as are these earrings for what they are. But the jewelry is all really good quality and with the buy 5 discount, how could I pass these up. I also really like the simplicity of the drop earrings. I personally think drop and dangle earrings look the best on me. I know I’ll get plenty of wear out of these. Keep!
August 2016 Stitch Fix – The Breakdown
Purple Knit Dress- 68.00
Yellow Knit Tank- 48.00
Coral and Navy Knit Tank- 44.00
Printed Skinny Jeans- 78.00
Hammered Bar Drop Earrings- 45.00
Merchandise Total: 283.00
Buy 5 Discount (keep all 5 items for a 25% discount): -70.75
Styling Fee Credit: -20.00
Credit (I won a gift card!): -30.00
Total – 162.25
August 2016 Stitch Fix Giveaway
Now for the best part! I love Stitch Fix so much I want all of you fellow fashionistas to enjoy this awesome service too.
Enter below at your chance to win $100 in Stitch Fix credit! Giveaway has ended. Be sure to sign up for your own Fix, here!
Something to think about….
What do you think about my picks, this month? If you see something you love, don’t hesitate to pin one or more of the items.
Have you tried Stitch Fix? If so, please share your thoughts.
Many links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! ???? Thank you so much for your support!