Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oat Waffles – loaded with delightful fall flavor without any of the guilt. Whip them up in the blender to get your morning started easily and deliciously!
Ladies and gents, I present you with my fall version of the oat waffle. And holy mackerel (I really do say that) these gluten-free pumpkin oat waffles deserve a standing ovation. Two, actually. They’re the much anticipated sequel to the incredibly scrumptious flourless pumpkin protein pancakes. Can’t get enough of these! Totally obvious that I really love my pancakes and waffles, right?!?!
These waffles are everything you love about pumpkin breakfast recipes, cozy fall mornings, and pumpkin pie all wrapped into one. And the addition of this pumpkin syrup put them completely over the top. I find their pumpkin flavor is more pronounced on day 2. Similar to how banana bread’s flavor is more developed on the 2nd day. These waffles just get better with time! I usually double the batch, so we can have waffles ready-to-go every day of the week. That’s right – no need to reserve waffles to just weekends!
Simply store them in the fridge or freezer in a large baggie and in the morning toss them into the toaster oven or regular oven (directly on the wire rack) at about 350 degrees F. for about 8 mins and until they are warm and have regained the light outer crisp.
You’re going to love how uber simple these waffles are to whip up, requiring just your blender (my blender LOVE!), waffle iron and about 10 minutes from start to finish. You also likely have all of the ingredients on hand. That is, if you’re an oat and pumpkin lover. But I don’t know many people who aren’t so I’ll go ahead and chalk that up as a given.
When it comes to fall breakfast options, I can hardly decide between which one of my favorites to indulge in on any given day. Pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin overnight oats, pumpkin smoothie, pumpkin muffins – there’s simply too many delicious options to choose from. But if I had to pick just one, it’d have to be these gluten-free pumpkin oat waffles. I think you’ll agree with me. They’re:
Rich with pumpkin-y flavor
So simple + quick
Packed with nutritious ingredients
Super satisfying with plenty of staying power
Pure breakfast perfection
Do yourself a favor and cook these up asap. And when you do, be sure to snap a photo, post it on Instagram and tag #kimscravings. I love to see my creations in your kitchens! Happy fall, friends!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free as needed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk product
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 packet stevia
- Optional toppings: almond/peanut butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, honey, maple syrup and/or fresh fruit
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until almost smooth.
- Pour about ¾ cup batter onto waffle iron. Allow waffle to cook. I cook mine on the highest setting and a little longer from when the waffle iron goes off, so the waffles are a little crisper, otherwise these will be very soft waffles.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Loving this waffle recipe? Check out similar fall favorites!
Pin Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oat Waffles!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite fall morning breakfast?