These Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Rice Crispy Treats are the ultimate when it comes to pumpkin snackin’. Pumpkin puree and spice add major fall flavor to these gluten-free, vegan, oh so yummy treats.
I never thought I’d love a rice crispy treat without marshmallows this much, but these little beauties have absolutely stolen my rice crispy, pumpkin lovin’ heart with their perfectly crisp, yet chewy texture and just the right amount of pumpkin pie spice. And that peanut butter flavor. Ohmagosh the addition of peanut butter. life. changed. (of course any nut/seed butter will work, for those of you with allergies)
This recipe is easy and fast! Just 1 bowl, 1 pot, simple methods with no baking and just 10 minutes start to finish. And these treats just so happen to taste even more delicious than the rice crispy treats of your youth, just without the junk. Yay!
We’re using all natural ingredients here and, believe me, my picky kiddos still gobbled them up. Oh yea, you’ve been warned – these suckers are quite addicting.
These would be a fabulous dessert for the kids who don’t love pie or other common Thanksgiving desserts. And for those of you not crazy about pumpkin (I know, the horror) just simple leave both the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice out. These easy healthy rice crispy treats will still be irresistible. I know your family will love these as much as mine did! They’re:
Definitely the crowd pleaser
So efffing easy!
Do yourself a favor and recreate this deliciousness asap. You can thank me later! When you do be sure to snap a photo and tag #kimscravings on Instagram. My favorite thing about recipe development is seeing foods from Kim’s Cravings in your kitchen. Enjoy!
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (be sure your cereal is certified gluten-free, if needed, I use Love Grown brand)
- ½ cup peanut butter (can sub for any nut or seed butter)
- ½ cup brown rice syrup*
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rice crispy cereal and set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt nut/seed butter with brown rice syrup and pumpkin puree until very smooth and drippy. Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the mixture into the rice crispy cereal and mix well.
- Pour rice crispy mixture into the lined pan and, using slightly damp hands, press firmly into place.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Treats should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and will stay fresh for about 2 weeks.
Loving these Healthy Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats? Check out similar favorites!
Pin it to save for later!
Something to think about….
Are you a fan of the original rice krispie treat? Have you ever tried making your own version? How about a pumpkin version? If you love pumpkin, it’s a MUST!