Honey Nut Chex Bars
Sticky, sweet, crunchy… Honey Nut Chex Bars are simply irresistible! Made gluten-free and vegan (if you use regular corn Chex), so all can enjoy!
The sweet and salty combo of flavors in these Honey Nut Chex Bars is reminiscent of your favorite candy bar, but made with healthier more satisfying ingredients. In fact, you might want to save these for a day when you’ll be having company over (or not… I won’t judge). Believe me, these will disappear shockingly fast. Sorta like having 16 chocolaty, nutty candy bars out and unwrapped. Dangerous, for sure!
Also, you’ve been warned, the typical Krispy Treats will be completely inadequate after you devour one of these babies!
The fabulous texture and taste of Honey NutTM Chex takes your normal dessert bar to a whole new level of deliciousness! Not only do I love Chex for the fun crunchy squares, but they’re naturally gluten-free, contain no artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup. A cereal us mamas can truly stand behind… the kiddos will be totally on board too!
One bite in and you’re hooked. Honey Nut Chex Bars are:
and off-the-charts amazing!
This recipe is very easy, if fact, go ahead and get those kiddos in the kitchen. They can help you with the measuring, stirring and drizzling. If your kids are anything like mine, they get such a kick out of “helping” create treats.
Only 4 ingredients are required (2 extras are optional) and about 30 minutes (give or take) from start to finish. There’s no baking involved and you’ll only need one pot and one pan. My kinda recipe! Perfect for lazy summer days, when you get a nagging urge for something sweet.
These would also make a great treat for summer road trips, picnics or when you need something quick for guests stopping by.
Honey Nut Chex Bars
- 3.5 cups Honey Nut Chex Cereal, any Chex variety cereal will work
- 1/2 cup chunky almond butter, salted*
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup**
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate drizzle, optional: 1/8 cup mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand), 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Unsweetened finely shredded coconut, to garnish (optional)
- Prepare 8 x 8 inch square pan, with parchment paper. Use enough, so that it sticks up on all sides.
- Heat almond butter and brown rice syrup in a large pot over low-medium heat. Continuously stir until mixture is combined and heated through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and then gently stir in Chex cereal until liquid mixture completely covers cereal.
- Transfer cereal mixture into pan, press down and spread evenly.
- Place in freezer to set for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate drizzle. In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil for 30 seconds, stir and heat for another 30 seconds.
- I recommend spooning chocolate into a small baggie and making a very small cut in the corner of the baggie. Drizzle the melted chocolate over cereal bars. If desired, sprinkle bars with shredded coconut. Place pan in the freezer for about 15 minutes more.
**Brown rice syrup is recommended for this recipe. I tried honey, but it did not hold the ingredients together properly. Still tasty, though.
-Optional ingredients are not calculated in nutritional information. The amount of chocolate drizzle and coconut will vary quite a bit. For example, I did not use all of my chocolate drizzle.
Looking for other snack/dessert bars, here are a few that might tickle your fancy! (Click on the title to be taken to the recipe.)
What’s your favorite Chex product? I’m a huge fan of the original Chex Mix myself. I also love a bowl of Rice Chex with slices of banana and some blueberries.
Chex also carries gluten-free honey nut and mixed berry granola and clusters cereal. Yum- can’t wait to get my hands on those!
Thank you Chex™ for sponsoring this post and helping me create some fantastic snack bars! As always, all opinions are my own.
This post is brought to you by CafeMom and Chex™