Honey Almond Oat Snack Bars
These chewy honey almond oat snack bars make a wholesome replacement for unhealthy store-bought snacks. Mix up the five-ingredient recipe after dinner, and they’ll be ready for your child’s lunch box and your own by morning!
Not only are these healthier snack bars super easy to whip up, but they’re also one of the tastiest bars I’ve ever eaten. No lie! Brad and Landen totally agree with me- neither one of them could stay out of them. They make for a great grab-n-go breakfast or portable snack option. With the oats and honey, they also make for the perfect running fuel!
Only 5 ingredients to your new favorite no-bake snack bar and to top it off they’re some of my very favorite ingredients! Oats, honey and almond butter are daily staples, for me. You can mix in any nut and dried fruit that you prefer, but if you really want to take these bars to the next level there are a few musts- Honey Roasted Cinnamon Blue Diamond Almonds, goji berries and dried blueberries.
The Honey Roasted Cinnamon Blue Diamond Almonds are a new find… they’re amazing, and I will warn you, they’re really addicting! The goji berries were also new to me. They’re very similar to dried fruit, so they worked really well in this recipe and I can see adding them in my oatmeal and yogurt. Check out the health benefits, here.
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit I used 1/4 cup goji berries and 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup whole nuts chopped (I used Honey Roasted Cinnamon Blue Diamond Almonds)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup almond butter I used my homemade snickerdoodle almond butter
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, dried fruit and chopped nuts. In a small bowl, stir together honey and almond butter.
- Add honey/almond butter mixture to oat mixture and blend until all the ingredients are well coated. If the oats seem too dry, add more honey (or maple syrup) 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper. Press (with damp hands) the oat/honey mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Once set, remove from fridge, lift parchment paper out of pan and cut into 16 bars- enjoy!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite easy portable snack?
Have you ever tried goji berries?
I love how Blue Diamond always has a new brilliant almond variety! This month they sent me Honey Dijon and Honey Roasted Cinnamon. I was able to taste just a couple of the Honey Dijon and then Brad devoured the rest. They were delish! What’s your favorite Blue Diamond almond variety?
Looking for other snack bar recipes? I have a couple of others on the blog, I think you’ll love!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.