White Bean Chipotle Hummus
Happy Friday! You guys have got to try my newest hummus creation, White Bean Chipotle Hummus. It is a winner, for sure- smooth, creamy and guilt-free with the perfect kick of spice!
I pretty much always have some type of hummus in the fridge and I typically choose to whip up my own. It’s so quick and easy, there’s really no excuse not to enjoy homemade hummus. I like making up a batch, over the weekend, to use throughout the week for snacks, sandwich spread and salad topping (instead of dressing).
I will tell you, this white bean chipotle hummus didn’t last a full week in this household. Luckily, the ingredient list is clean and the hummus is healthy. No shame, if you find yourself doing a little midnight snacking!
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, more or less, depending on how much spice you like
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water, more or less for desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the topping:
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- drizzle of olive oil
- sprinkle of paprika
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Add more water for desired consistency. Transfer to serving bowl, add the topping (if desired) and enjoy!
Nutritional information and serving size is calculated without topping.
Hummus is a favorite of mine- I use it as a spread, salad topping and veggie or chip dip. It’s even great as a baked potato topping and much healthier than butter or sour cream! Try some of my other hummus recipes!
Roasted Golden Beet Hummus (also super yummy with regular red beets)
What’s your favorite hummus variety?