Grilled Shrimp Fajita Foil Packets
This post has been sponsored The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Grilled Shrimp Fajita Foil Packets are so easy and delicious. Perfectly cooked in foil – juicy shrimp, tender bell peppers and onions can be wrapped into a warm tortilla for a super fast dinner, that’s packed with incredible flavor!
This is my first time using foil to cook anything and it was a complete success. If I could, I’d cook everything in foil. Everything. This was definitely the best shrimp I’ve ever made and you guys know how I love shrimp. I served them stuffed in tortillas and alongside Gold Peak® Sweet Tea and Simply Lemonade® for the ultimate summer meal.
Last weekend we had some friends over for an end of summer gathering. We’re taking advantage of this time to get together and enjoy the warm, relaxed days while they last. The back-to-school hustle and bustle will be here before you know it. These shrimp fajita foil packets made for the most crowd pleasing meal. They were such a hit with everyone – even the kiddos!
I made sure to stock up on Gold Peak Sweet Tea and Simply Lemonade before the little party. I found both at Walmart – the Gold Peak® Sweet Tea is located down the drink aisle near other tea and juice products and Simply Lemonade® is located in the refrigerated juice area near the orange juice.
This recipe could not be easier. Start off by tossing the onions, bell pepper and shrimp, in a large bowl, with the olive oil, taco seasoning and lime juice.
Divide the shrimp/veggie mixture between 4 sheets of foil. Fold the foil up tight, at the top and on the sides. Whether you choose to cook these shrimp fajitas up on the grill or in the oven, everything cooks up perfectly all at once. I went with the grill option to keep from having to turn on the oven. Plus, there’s just something about the taste of shrimp and veggies straight from the grill.
When you’re ready to serve, simply open the foil packet and divide the mixture into warm flour or corn tortillas. You can also divide the mixture into lettuce wraps or serve over a salad.
I love them served up in whole wheat tortillas with avocado, cabbage and finished off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Don’t forget the Gold Peak and Simply Lemonade! Both are super refreshing and pair perfectly with most any summer meal.
I’m especially fond of the Simply Lemonade with Raspberry. The combination of refreshing lemonade with sweet raspberries, results in a wonderful and all natural refreshment. My kids really enjoy the original flavor, and I appreciate that I’ll never have to make my own lemonade again.
And for all of you tea lovers, Gold Peak Sweet Tea is a MUST. With the classic home-brewed taste, pure filtered water and that perfect touch of sweetness, you won’t ever want to make your own tea again.
These Grilled Shrimp Fajita Foil Packets make for the tastiest fajitas! Serve them with fresh guacamole and salsa, for a dinner the whole family will love! Cheers to many future summer nights with tons and tons of shrimp fajitas!
I hope you guys love these fajitas as much as my family did! They’re:
Loaded with tasty fillings
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram! We’d love to get a glimpse of your grilled shrimp fajita foil packets!
Grilled Shrimp Fajita Foil Packets
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Juice of 2 limes + more for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, avocado or guacamole, cheese, salsa (optional, for serving)
- 12 Tortillas, for serving
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long.
- Combine shrimp, bell peppers and onion in a large bowl and toss with oil, taco seasoning and lime juice.
- Divide shrimp, bell peppers and onion into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp and veggies, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill and cook about 12 minutes.*
- Serve immediately with tortillas or in lettuce leaves and optional garnishes, if desired.
Looking for other shrimp recipes? You’ll love my shrimp recipe favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you tried any foil packet recipes? Tell me your favorite!
Have you tried Gold Peak and Simply Lemonade products? Use this Walmart store locator to find out where you can pick some up!
And be sure to hop over to this site for lots of fun recipe ideas and summer grilling inspiration.