Healthy Chimichurri Shrimp Appetizer
Start off your next party with this easy, yet impressive, Healthy Chimichurri Shrimp Appetizer. It’s sure to be a huge hit and leave guests asking for your recipe!
Shrimp is one of my favorite recipes to cook up when I’m in a hurry and don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen. I always keep a bag in the freezer, to pull out for a super fast meal or appetizer solution.
Shrimp appetizers like this one happen regularly in my house because they are so quick and easy to prepare. And this recipe is no exception. Literally, just blend up a few fresh ingredients and you’ve got yourself a yummy sauce. Then the shrimp cook up in about 5 minutes and you’ve got yourself a crowd-pleasing bite.
I can see these shrimp being served as a Christmas Eve appetizer, Christmas Day nibble between meals, or on a platter at your New Year’s Eve party. Gather round, pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy this flavorful app!
As a side note, this chimichurri shrimp also works so well as a salad, rice or pasta topper. Another idea – add a few sides and call it dinner. One try and you’ll be making these shrimp throughout the year. Just don’t forget the wine!
Seriously, if you’re looking for a ridiculously easy appetizer for this holiday season, don’t forget about these tasty guys. You guys are going to LOVE these irresistible, light shrimp bites – bursting with fresh and savory flavors!
Simple. Classy. Delicious.
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic clove peeled
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce or other favorite hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil + more for cooking shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs. fresh or frozen large shrimp thawed and peeled
- Add fresh parsley and cilantro to a blender or food processor. Pulse for a couple of seconds until the herbs are finely chopped.
- Then add all other ingredients and pulse again into a well combined sauce. Add extra oil if necessary. Check the seasoning and add extra salt, hot sauce or lemon juice to taste as preferred. Place the chimichurri to the side.
- Heat about 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add shrimp and season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Cook shrimp about 3 mins, then flip and add about a tablespoon chimichurri to the top of each shrimp. Continue to cook, stirring shrimp around for about 2-3 mins more and until shrimp are thoroughly cooked. Shrimp cook VERY quickly and are easy to overcook. Once they are pink on both sides, remove them from the skillet to a large plate lined with a paper towel.
- After all shrimp are cooked, transfer to a serving dish and serve with toothpicks, warm or at room temperature.
*Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook shrimp in batches. I cooked mine in two batches.
Looking for other yummy apps to make your holiday menu complete, look no further!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite holiday appetizer? Have you tried Cavit Wine? You MUST… it’s one of my faves!
Thank you to Cavit for sponsoring this post and for crafting a delightful selection of wines we have loved serving to family and friends this holiday season.