Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Muffins
These cozy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Muffins, bursting with warm gingerbread flavor and studded with sweet chocolate chips, are truly the epitome of Christmas morning yumminess!
I really have become quite a fan of gingerbread seasonings, this year. I’ve always been a little fond of the flavoring, but pumpkin spice everything always took top spot in my mind… well, not anymore folks!
This preference change all started with Skinny Gingerbread Pancakes and my Flourless Gingerbread Waffles. But taking my standard flourless muffin recipe and adding all of the warming gingerbread spices and flavorings along with peanut butter and dark chocolate chips totally sealed the deal.
So many flavors are dancing around in these muffins; if you like gingerbread, peanut butter and chocolate, you’re in for a treat! Warm and toasty with flavors reminiscent of the holidays, these gluten-free chocolate chip gingerbread muffins would make a delicious Christmas morning brunch addition or an anytime afternoon snack.
There are quite a few beautiful delicious-sounding gingerbread muffin recipes on the internet, but I didn’t come across any chocolate chip gingerbread muffins. And I just can’t seem to figure out why. The sweet chocolate joins so wonderfully with the robust gingerbread taste. A match made in heaven, if you ask me! But if it were up to me, chocolate chips would be added to EVERY baked good. Can you really ever go wrong by adding chocolate chips? Yeah, I didn’t think so!
And just so you know, the only chocolate chip I ever use in any of my recipes is Enjoy Life Foods baking chips. They are gluten, dairy, nut and soy-free and allergy-friendly, plus they bake up fabulously.
Also, these could not be easier to whip up. Simply add all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate) to a blender and let it do its thing for 20-30 seconds. Then just pour the batter straight from the blender into the muffin cups.
Not only are these muffins super easy and incredibly tasty, but they are made with loads of nutritious ingredients – oats, applesauce, molasses and dark chocolate. I don’t know about you, but I love when something sweet is also healthy!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter almond butter or other favorite nut/seed butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup almond milk or other favorite milk product
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons more for topping I used Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and prepare a muffin baking pan with cooking spray or 9 muffin liners.
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a high-speed blender and blend on high until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon batter into 8 muffin cups. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top, if desired. Bake for about 15 mins at 375 F. degrees. Cool muffins for about 10 minutes before removing from baking pan. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week. If leftover more than 2 days, it's best to store in the fridge.
I never get bored creating yummy muffin recipes for the blog. Take a looksie at a few of my all-time favorite muffin recipes.
Gingerbread- yay or nay? If it’s been awhile since you’ve given this winter classic a try, whip up these muffins asap and enjoy the deliciousness! 🙂