Hawaiian Chicken Fried Rice
This Hawaiian Chicken Fried Rice is sponsored by Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowls. It’s a family favorite for busy evenings!
Super easy, wholesome and oh so yummy! Plus, just look at that color!
Hawaiian Chicken Fried Rice is so simple to make and it’s ready in only 15 minutes. It’s safe to say, that it’s perfect for weeknight dinners. This recipe is so adaptable too – it’s naturally gluten-free and can easily be made vegan by leaving out the chicken.
And there’s just something about a meal served inside of a pineapple that takes your taste buds to a tropical island!
You seriously can’t go wrong with a meal that involves almost ZERO prep work. Thanks to Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowls, you don’t have to boil the rice, it’s already cooked for you. This recipe also uses pre-cooked chicken, and there’s no need to monitor or stir a skillet. Plus, there’s only one dish to wash at the end!
Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowls are a go-to when I’m looking to cook up a quick, wholesome weeknight meal for my family. Weeknights can get so busy, and then more often than not, life throws a curve ball (traffic, unexpected late nights at work, etc.) sometimes you just have to roll with it… or in this case, “BOWL with it!” 😜
I love that in addition to the Minute Ready to Serve single serve cups, Minute now offers a larger size perfect for family-style meals like this one. The 16 oz. bowls provide 3-4 servings and are so convenient, since you can simply serve right out of the bowl.
Let’s make some Hawaiian Chicken Fried Rice!
Everyone in my household goes crazy for this bright and flavorful meal! It looks a little on the fancy side, but seriously guys, it could not be easier. Start by cooking up your veggies until they’re nice and tender. Throw in the Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowl, cooked chicken and pineapple. Add a few basic sauces and voilà!
I used the Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice Family Bowl, but you could also use the 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice Family Bowl that is available. I love that both Minute Family Bowls are gluten free and contain no preservatives.
To make this meal a real show stopper, hollow out a pineapple and serve the fried rice inside. Totally optional, but if you want to take this dish from a casual weeknight dinner to a lively party meal, pineapple boats are a must.
I’m a huge fan of anything that involves a combination of sweet and savory flavors, with a variety of textures. The different ingredients in this meal keep my tastebuds wanting more! You’ll want more too! This meal is:
Sunshine in a bowl!
I may not be headed off to Maui any time soon, but at least I can enjoy the tropical flavors and dream of clear blue ocean water as I chow down on dinner with my family. And this meal is so simple to throw together, you might just feel like you’re actually on vacation.
Hawaiian Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice Family Bowl)
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken*
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained or fresh pineapple cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos, more or less to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced into rings
- red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro to garnish, optional
- Preheat oil in a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Add onion and red bell pepper and sauté until tender.
- Add the rice, chicken and pineapple to the veggie mixture. Pour the soy sauce and sesame oil on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions and, if desired, also sprinkle on red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro. Taste and add more soy sauce and/or salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the meal inside a hollowed out pineapple for extra flair!
Need ideas for other quick & easy family meals? Try a few of my other favorites!
Something to think about….
Do you have any fun ideas for serving meals, like the pineapple boats? Have you tried using a Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowl to make meal time a cinch? Keep the pantry stocked with Family Bowls; they’re the perfect solution when a quick, convenient and wholesome meal is needed!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowls.