This easy shrimp pesto pasta recipe is a go-to meal when I’m short on time, but want a dinner that I know will please the whole family.
There aren’t too many meal requests that I get from my picky kiddos, but this is one that both my daughter and son love! It’s full of flavor and could not be easier. I even made the whole entire recipe on Snapchat a few days ago. Are you on Snapchat, yet? I resisted at first, but it’s actually pretty fun. If you’re snapping, be sure to follow along kimscravings for a behind the scenes look at what I’m cooking up!
Only about 20 mins and 6 ingredients is all you need to create a flavorful, healthy, satisfying meal to feed a crowd. I wanted to have plenty for my family of five, plus more for leftovers, so I used every last bit of the ingredients you see pictured below. Feel free to cut this recipe in half, though, if you’re only serving 2-3 people. I’ve also made a very similar recipe using chicken, if you’re not really feeling the shrimp.
Jarred pesto, jarred roasted red peppers and quick cooking shrimp are the shortcuts to this summery pasta dish. Garnish with chopped parsley for a extra color and a burst of freshness. This is a hearty dinner that is easy to throw together yet it’s full of vibrant and delicious flavors.
When I’m eating a carb-heavy meal, I prefer to eat my pasta over mixed greens. I have a beach vacation to prepare for in July, so I’m following the 21 day fix. To get bikini-ready, I measured out about 1/2 cup pasta, about 5 shrimp and plenty of red pepper and artichoke and enjoyed the yumminess over spring greens with about 1 tablespoon light balsamic vinaigrette.
Hope you guys get a chance to give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as my family does! Let me know what you think by leaving a comment and/or tag a picture @kimscravings on Instagram. I would love to see your version. Happy cooking, friends!
- 2 pounds medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (6.35 oz.) jar basil pesto, divided
- 1 (14.5 oz.) box Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts in water, chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) jar roasted red peppers in water, diced
- 1 (6 oz.) container crumbled feta (I use fat free)
- Optional for garnish: fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine shrimp and ½ the jar of basil pesto in a large baggie or bowl to marinate.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat about 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet and cook shrimp about 2 mins and flip to allow shrimp to cook for another couple of minutes. While shrimp and pasta are cooking, I chop and dice the artichoke hearts and red pepper. This recipe moves very quickly and shrimp cooks really fast. Believe me, you don't want overcooked shrimp. If you're cooking 2 pounds of shrimp, like I did, you may need to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet.
- Stir together cooked pasta, shrimp, artichoke, red pepper and remaining pesto in a large serving bowl. Gradually, stir in the feta and garnish with parsley, if desired.
*Leftovers can be stored in a covered container or large baggie in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*This recipe makes a lot, feel free to cut the recipe in half, if you're not serving a crowd.
*I like to eat 1 cup over salad greens to keep things figure-friendly and cut the calories and fat in half. 🙂
Love this easy shrimp pesto pasta? Check out a few other favorite shrimp recipes!
Honey Garlic Shrimp from The Cooking Jar
Cilantro Lime Rice Shrimp Bowl from Lovely Little Kitchen
Shrimp Avocado Salad with Miso Dressing from Pinch of Yum
Something to think about….
Do you have a go-to quick, easy, crowd-pleasing dinner recipe? Do share!
Kim’s Cravings is now on Snapchat!
Want to see what’s going on behind the scenes around here? Add me on Snapchat – my username is kimscravings, or just snap a pic of my snapcode below. Send me a snap anytime – I’d love to hear from you!
Shop the post!