Chili Lime Shrimp Fajita Bowl
This Chili Lime Shrimp Fajita Bowl is easy, quick and super tasty. It’s absolutely perfect for a delicious lunch or easy weeknight dinner!
Today I am sharing one of my go-to easy recipes when I’m crunched for time. These chili lime shrimp fajita bowls are hearty, flavorful and healthy, all while being delicious and family friendly! These are so easy and customizable too, so if you have kids with certain tastes, you can swap out any of the ingredients. My son was head-over-heels for the shrimp. It’s not spicy, but has a wonderful smoky-tangy flavor.
I use precooked brown or multigrain rice, frozen fajita veggies and corn to make this recipe an even quicker one.
The shrimp cooks up in a flash and I’m always adding it to my salads or rice bowls. You could also use shredded rotisserie chicken, grilled steak or even just make it all veggies if you want!
Whether you’re trying to fit something a little healthier into your diet or just needing a crazy delicious dinner or lunch that’s ready in a flash, you’re going to want to try these bowls out! They’re:
Protein & fiber- packed
& SO delicious
This is the perfect meal when you’re craving something easy to throw together, but with some serious staying power.
If you try this recipe let me know! I love seeing your comments and your photos tagged #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 red pepper sliced thin*
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can or bag frozen corn drained and/or thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Additional optional ingredients: shredded cheese sour cream, avocado, salsa, guacamole
- Cook rice according to package instructions. To save time, use some type of microwavable rice packet or container. I like Minute Rice Ready to Serve or Seeds of Change brand.
- Roast pepper, onion and corn on a baking sheet at 400 degrees F. for about 20 mins.
- Cook black beans in small pot, over the stove, over low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add garlic to pan; saute 30 seconds. Add salt, chili powder and shrimp to pan; saute 2 mins. Squeeze lime over cooking shrimp. Add green onions and flip shrimp; saute another 2 mins and until shrimp are done. Once cooked; remove shrimp from hot pan so as not to overcook.
- Assemble bowl with all of your favorites and an extra squeeze of lime juice and enjoy immediately.
*I like using frozen fajita veggie mix when I'm really short on time.
**This recipe can easily be scaled back to serve one or two.
CHECK OUT OTHER TASTY BOWL RECIPES
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite type of quick and easy bowl recipe?