March 2017 Stitch Fix Review – the hits, the misses and what you need to pin immediately (plus a giveaway)!
Hi, fellow fashionistas! It’s Stitch Fix sharing time! My March Fix was a tough one. I’ve never felt so indecisive over any previous shipment.
Follow along and check out all of the hits and misses. And don’t miss the AWESOME giveaway at the end of the post. Once again, I’m teaming up with a few of my favorite ladies (the Stitch Fix Collective) to give one of you a $350 Stitch Fix gift card. Yay!
Before we jump into my February Stitch Fix goodies, let me give you a rundown of how Stitch Fix works, for all of the virgins out there (it’s okay, your secret’s safe with me).
MY LATEST VIDEOS
1. You start by filling out your style profile
– you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest
, so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix
! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee, however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. You can also let your stylist know if you only want clothing in your fix. I did this for awhile, but recently I updated my options to receive handbags.
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so – use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don’t be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn’t normally. That’s what makes Stitch Fix
so fun! If you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix – yes, please!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Okay now seriously, here we go! Remember – If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar! That’s what I do to get the best fix possible!
Wiley Adele Skinny Jean by Liverpool | 2P | 88.00 | Kept
The one request I had for this fix was to receive more colored Adele skinnies. Last month
, I received them in a fabulous pink color. My stylist, Alexandra sent them in burgundy (very similar and on sale
) and I love that she’s listening to my requests, but I actually already own a pair of GAP skinny jeans in this color. This is where the indecisiveness started.
My pair from GAP are too long to wear with booties, plus they need to be pulled up constantly, driving me crazy. These Adele skinnies fit perfectly and I loved the way they looked with the booties. I couldn’t help it – I just had to keep them.
I paired them with one of my favorite comfy tops, the Beach Cocoon pullover from Free People
. This was one of the items from my latest Trunk Club shipment. Read more about Trunk Club in this post
I also added the latest goods from my RocksBox shipment. I’m in love with the pieces I’ve been getting from them lately. I always request Kendra (of course).
If you’re not familiar with Rocksbox, it’s similar to Stitch Fix where you receive a shipment of items. Here are a few more details for those of you interested:
- Rocksbox is a premium jewelry subscription that carries popular brands, like Gorjana and Kendra Scott.
- You have the opportunity to complete a style profile and also add available items to a personal wish list. You will then be sent 3 jewelry pieces by your stylist.
- You get to try one month completely free with no commitment to continue. It’s a win-win! Sign up here and use the code KIMLBFF3.
- If you choose to continue after the FREE month, there will be a $19 monthly fee. You will get to keep and enjoy your jewelry pieces as long as you’d like on loan. You can get as many shipments as you’d like to try.
- Like with Stitch Fix, you can make special requests. Perfect if you have an event coming up or if you’ve been eyeing a particular Kendra Scott necklace.
- Of course, you can purchase any of the pieces you receive with a great discount off of the retail price.
- You will be provided a prepaid shipping label, and envelope so sending back your box is super simple.
- Don’t worry- each piece is sanitized and cleaned thoroughly before it is sent out. I’ve never been able to tell that a piece was not new.
- As an added bonus, there is a Shine Insider Reward Program that gives you $21 Shine Spend every month. You can use it that month to purchase your favorite piece. You can also earn Forever Spend by referring friends, which can be used immediately, or can be saved to use for a future purchases. Loving this service!
SHOP THIS LOOK
Brandi Leaf Station Necklace by Bay to Baubles | 34.00 | Kept
I absolutely LOVE this necklace! I’ve already worn it with several different outfits. It pretty much goes with everything and was perfect for me because I really needed a long gold necklace. See similar
Syllvia Swiss Dot Side Slit Knit Top by Daniel Rainn | XS | 54.00 | Return
I so could have loved this top, but it just wasn’t meant to be. The Swiss dot is adorable, it was super comfortable and I always love black. However, I just couldn’t get past the fit of this blouse. The side slits make this almost feel like a maternity top (not that maternity tops have side slits).
If the slits were shorter or would have stayed closed, I might have actually kept this, but unfortunately they kept coming open. See below… ugh. This just simply is not my style.
Siena Cropped Pant by Kut From The Kloth | 2 | 58.00 | Return
I requested these Kut From The Kloth pants in the hot pink color, I’ve came across reading other Stitch Fix reviews. Alexandra let me know that the pink were not available, but she sent the beautiful blue. I loved the color and I really thought these would be a keeper. Even after trying them on and realizing the fit wasn’t so great, I was still trying to talk myself into keeping them. Honestly, there was just too much material. If these had been in a petite size they may have worked. And after my daughter took one look at them and said they were too big, I knew they needed to be sent back. The pictures are a little deceiving with the way these fit.
SHOP THIS LOOK
Mieko Dress by CeCe by Cynthia Steffe | 2 | 128.00 | Return
No… just no. As soon as I pulled this out of the box, I knew this was not for me. The floral is too bold and I would prefer it to fit shorter. This was another item that I think may have worked better in a petite size. There seemed to just be too much fabric.
My son and daughter both liked it and said it would be perfect for our beach vacation, this summer, but I wasn’t sold. And seeing the picture below and how unflattering the dress looks on me, I know I made the right decision by shipping this back.
My son (aka – the photographer) wanted to snap a photo of me flexing. He sees how hard I’ve been working for these biceps!! Ha!
While we were out snapping Stitch Fix pictures I caught this adorable shot of my grandson and had to include it for obvious reasons. I’m in love with those baby blues! Now keep scrolling for the giveaway!
March 2017 Stitch Fix – The Breakdown
Skinny Jeans – 88.00
Gold Necklace – 34.00
Knit Top – 54.00
Cropped Pant – 58.00
Floral Dress – 128.00
Buy 5 discount (25%): -90.50
Styling Fee Credit: -20.00
Above is the price breakdown if I would have kept all 5 items. I chose to keep the skinny jeans for 88.00 and the necklace for 34.00. The total was 122.00.
March 2017 Stitch Fix Giveaway
Now for the best part! I love Stitch Fix so much I want all of you fellow fashionistas to enjoy this awesome service too. Enter below for your chance to win $350 in Stitch Fix credit! Be sure to sign up for your own Fix, here!
Brought to you by:
TheBoxQueen | Crazy Together | Kim’s Cravings | The Eyes of a Boy | The Pink Envelope | Still Being Molly | Lipgloss and Crayons
Something to think about….
What do you think about my goodies, this month? If you see something you love, don’t hesitate to pin one or more of the items.
Have you tried Stitch Fix? If so, please share your thoughts.
I’m linking up with Maria from Crazy Together, along with other bloggers to share our March 2017 Stitch Fix goodies! Head over to read other reviews and get even more ideas for your Pinterest boards!
Many links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! ???? Thank you so much for your support!