Trunk Club Review – Fall Fashion Staples
Hello lovelies! I hope everyone’s having a great week! As scarf, bootie and sweater season gets into full effect, I wanted to share with you all of the fun goodies I received in my November 2016 Trunk Club shipment and highlight my favorite fall fashion staples. All of the styles will easily take you through winter as well, which is a huge plus.
Let’s start with a summary of how Trunk Club works which will be followed by the clickable pictures of each and every item that came in my November box. This way, if you choose, you can see the current pricing (as they are all Nordstrom pieces, and sometimes on sale there) and the different color/print varieties of the pieces.
After this visual list of my November pretties from Trunk Club, you’ll find my very favorite pieces styled in several different outfits. Under the photos there will be clickable visuals of how you can recreate each outfit that I put together. Hope you find this helpful for getting your fall fashion set.
HOW TRUNK CLUB WORKS
You can read more about my Trunk Club experience in my Trunk Club vs. Stitch Fix post.
- To start, you will be introduced to a personal online stylist. If you get referred from me, your stylist would be my wonderful stylist Paulina.
- There is NO ongoing styling fee (love this!), however Trunk Club charges a $25 “try on fee” for new customers, which can be used towards your purchases and never expires.
- Shipping is free both ways. You choose to keep what you like, and send back everything else. They make it super simple with a prepaid sticker to attach to your box. There’s NO minimum purchase required.
- After you specify your preference (women’s and men’s trunks are available) you’ll fill out some style questions. (similar to Stitch Fix if you read my reviews) These include the types of styles you like, your various sizes and any specific requests you may have.
- After you submit all “get started” info, you will receive a welcome email from your stylist and asks you how you prefer to be contacted. You can choose to talk on the phone (which is great for personalization), text or chat via email.
- I chose the email option and then Paulina sent me a detailed questionnaire. I replied with all of my requests and included my dislikes and such. I also included the link to “My Style” Pinterest board. Providing visuals always helps.
- After a day or so, my favorite feature of Trunk Club takes place – The Preview!! Your stylist chooses the items she thinks you would like and sends you the link. You can then view the items from your “trunk proposal” and remove anything you know you don’t want included in the trunk. Items removed will be replaced with new surprises (depending on your feedback) that will be delivered.
- Your trunk is sent and may include clothes, shoes, jewelry and bags. Such a fabulous variety of fashion items! The brands are Nordstrom brands and from the current season.
- You get to keep your Trunk Club box for 5 days, which gives you plenty of time to try things on with pieces you already own and make your decision on what you want and what you can live without. To send back the items you’re not keeping, you either schedule UPS pickup via Trunk Club, or drop your box off at any UPS location.
WHAT CAME IN MY NOVEMBER 2016 TRUNK
Below I’ve styled my favorite Trunk Club items from my November 2016 box.
Nothing says fall like a scarf, light cargo jacket and tall riding boots! I let Paulina know that I’d like to try on a cargo vest and since they didn’t have the vest I was eying, she sent me this cute Utility Jacket from Hinge in Navy. I really liked it and the price point was spot on at
99.00. Update- this jacket is on sale for 69.90!
I paired the cargo jacket with a scarf (similar), of course, and my new Melissa Button Riding Boots (on sale) from Frye. Speaking of the boots, I’m absolutely loving them. They’re super comfortable and have such a classy look that pairs well with so many styles. Now I want them in every color… first world problems! I was contemplating keeping the jacket, when Paulina contacted me and let me know that the cargo vest I’ve been wanting to try was in stock and asked if she should send it my way. I haven’t received it yet, but I decided to send the jacket back – it’s the vest I would really like to have.
SHOP THE LOOK
I really fell in love with the booties Paulina sent, not that I need another pair, but I just could not say no to the Trapp Wedge Bootie from BP (similar and on sale). Same thing in the skinny jean department- my collection is getting a bit out of control, but the Stretch Skinny Jeans from Wit & Wisdom fit like butter (similar, same brand and slightly cheaper). I also absolutely adored the Cashmere V-Neck Sweater from Halogen, but to stay on budget I showed some restraint and ended up sending it back.
I honestly may request it in a future shipment. It was so soft and I really like the way it fit. Simple and classy- perfect for showing off my Kendra Scott Benning Necklace (no longer available, but click the link for similar styles).
SHOP THE LOOK
Soft plaid button up tops are my go-to in the fall and I loved that Paulina included one in my trunk. The Hunter Plaid Shirt from Rails was soooooo soft. When I first tried it on, I felt that it was a little too blousy, but after seeing it in these pictures I actually really like the casual look.
I wanted to keep it because it honestly felt like I was wearing a pajama shirt, but it was a little too pricey for me. I do love the look of the a longer boyfriend shirt with skinny jeans, though. This plaid shirt is a little more my price point and I’ve got my eye on this one from J.Crew.
SHOP THE LOOK
I’ve been on the search for an edgy black faux leather jacket that wouldn’t cost me an arm and a leg for sometime now. Leather jackets are so perfect for either dressing up or down. Paulina actually sent me one last month and I really liked it, but it didn’t have pockets and my hands stay cold in the winter.
This month, she sent me the Faux Leather Crop Moto Jacket from BLANKNYC. It was just okay. I’m not really a fan of the belt and with the two zippers in front, I felt like it was too much metal. I’m still searching for something a little simpler, but with pockets. Maybe next month! 🙂
Actually, looking back at the pictures and paired with my latest Rocksbox earrings, Perry Street Ombre Turquoise Statement Earrings, I’m kinda loving the look. Oops! If you’re not familiar with Rocksbox, read my last Stitch Fix review for full details. Sign up with my referral code KIMLBFF3 and get one free month to try three pieces of jewelry.
SHOP THIS LOOK
I get so excited with every Trunk Club shipment I receive and I want you ladies to know that same feeling. There’s nothing like coming home to that huge “trunk” on your front porch and then ripping into it! Simply set up to receive your own Trunk Club and be entered to win a $100 Trunk Club gift card. Happy shopping!!
This post contains affiliate links as well as my Trunk Club referral link. I receive a small commission for any items purchased through one of our affiliate links, which helps to support the blog. I also receive Trunk Club credit for anyone who signs up for the service using my link. If you become a Trunk Club member, you will also receive a personal referral link that you can share with your friends to earn credit too.
Were those booties comfortable? They are super cute.
Thanks! I wouldn’t say they were super comfortable, but they were comfortable. I wore them from about 7 am till 8 pm and my feet felt fine all day. I have a couple of other pairs of booties and these are definitely the most comfortable.