Best Ever Paleo Pan Fried Chicken
Best Ever Paleo Pan Fried Chicken- No more boring bird! Thin chicken cutlets breaded in a flavorful coconut flour seasoning mix and pan fried to perfection resulting in a crowd-pleasing chicken meal, even the kiddos will love!
A fast and family-friendly weeknight staple, chicken is a go-
There is nothing dry about this chicken! The coconut flour seasoning works well to keep the chicken nice and tender. And I love using thinner cuts of meat for a super quick cooking time.
I first made this Best Ever Paleo Pan Fried Chicken recipe when experimenting for my Mini Chicken Waffles. My family loved the chicken so much, it just had to become a dinner recipe too! I hope you enjoy it as much as we all did! It’s:
& Downright delicious!
If you give this chicken recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment and be sure to tag a picture @kimscravings on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Happy eating, friends!
- 1 lb. raw thinly sliced, boneless chicken breast (if you can't find thinly cut, simply use a meat mallet to smash the chicken breast)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk any kind
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- Place the chicken breast in a sealable baggie.
- Pour beaten egg and milk into bag with chicken and let it sit for about 10 minutes while you prepare the seasoning mix.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour, arrowroot flour or cornstarch, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Open the bag and drain out as much egg / milk as possible, but not completely dry.
- Pour the seasoning mix into the bag, close the top and massage it into the chicken, to evenly coat all of chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat one tablespoon coconut oil. Add a single layer of chicken (careful not to crowd it) to the pan and fry on each side for about 3 minutes or until it's completely cooked through. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook chicken in two batches.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer from skillet to paper towel lined plate. Enjoy with your favorite sides or shred it for use in other recipes like my Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad!
Looking for other easy, healthy chicken recipes? Look no further!
Something to think about…
What’s your go-to quick and easy meal for busy school nights?