September 2016 Stitch Fix + $100 Giveaway
Hello, fellow Stitch Fix Fans! Happy September! I can’t believe that Fall is just right around the corner. For my September 2016 Stitch Fix shipment, I requested pieces that would work well to transition into the new season. Living in Texas and facing many consecutive days in the triple digits, I’m really ready for some cooler weather. Also, now that I’m back at work after Summer vacation, I’m not wearing shorts or tanks too often.
If you’re interested in learning more about this cool personal shopping service, my first Stitch Fix post explains everything. If you’re already a Stitch Fix subscriber, but haven’t been so lucky with getting great boxes, be sure to check out my advice for how to get the most out of Stitch Fix! I also have a whole page where you can find everything Stitch Fix. And be sure to follow my “My Style” Pinterest board, where I update, often, my favorite Stitch Fix styles. Scroll on down to check out what I received this month and don’t miss the giveaway at the bottom of the post.
This particular fix didn’t wow me quite like last month’s shipment, but I did find a couple of pieces that I really like. Let’s take a look at the goods!
Annetta Knit Dress by Le Lis | S | 68.00 | Return
After taking a looksie on the Stitch Fix app, I really didn’t think the pattern of this dress was for me. However, I’ve guessed wrong before, so I was bound and determined to give it a try. The style and cut of the dress was perfect. I loved the length and small slit in the side. I paired it with my favorite Yellow Box wedges (on sale now) that I received in a previous fix. It would have been a super cute look for work.
Unfortunately, I just couldn’t get past the pattern. It’s just not me. My latest Kendra Scott jewels from my last Rocksbox shipment went pretty great with the look, but these earrings and this necklace seriously look good with everything.
If you’re not familiar with Rocksbox, it’s similar to Stitch Fix where you receive a shipment of items. Here are a few more details for those of you interested:
- Rocksbox is a premium jewelry subscription that carries popular brands, like Gorjana and Kendra Scott.
- You have the opportunity to complete a style profile and also add available items to a personal wish list. You will then be sent 3 jewelry pieces by your stylist.
- You get to try one month completely free with no commitment to continue. It’s a win-win! Sign up here and use the code KIMLBFF3.
- If you choose to continue after the FREE month, there will be a $19 monthly fee. You will get to keep and enjoy your jewelry pieces as long as you’d like on loan. You can get as many shipments as you’d like to try.
- Like with Stitch Fix, you can make special requests. Perfect if you have an event coming up or if you’ve been eyeing a particular Kendra Scott necklace.
- Of course, you can purchase any of the pieces you receive with a great discount off of the retail price.
- You will be provided a prepaid shipping label, and envelope so sending back your box is super simple.
- Don’t worry- each piece is sanitized and cleaned thoroughly before it is sent out. I’ve never been able to tell that a piece was not new.
- As an added bonus, there is a Shine Insider Reward Program that gives you $10 Shine Spend every month. You can use it that month to purchase your favorite piece. You can also earn Forever Spend by referring friends, which can be used immediately, or can be saved to use for a future purchases. Loving this service!
Anita Skinny Pant by Liverpool | 2P | 88.00 | Keep
Liverpool is one of my favorite brands from Stitch Fix, so I was really excited to see these pants (similar). I love that Tiff, my personal stylist, chose the olive green color. It’s a color I don’t currently own and it will be perfect for Fall.
These paired perfectly with a top I received last Fall from Stitch Fix and my favorite Frye riding boots. I’m pretty sure I’ll be wearing these pants a ton in the coming months. The necklace you see, below, is another Kendra Scott piece that I received from my sister for my birthday. It literally goes with everything. I’m actually wearing it with a different outfit as I’m typing up this post. 😉
Bremond Lace Detail Knit Top by Loveappella | XS | 48.00 | Return
Oh how I could have loved this top (similar)! The style and look were fabulous, but the fit was really funky. It was super tight around the arms and in the armpit area. I totally would have requested an exchange and sized up (yes, Stitch Fix now offers exchanges), but I honestly wasn’t sure even a size up would fit. It was that tight. So sad this didn’t work. Isn’t the back adorable?
Christopher Split Neck Top by Renee C | S | 54.00 | Keep
If you know me, you know pink is one of my favorite colors, so this was an instant favorite right out of the box. The plaid is a great Fall look and the style is cut loose and comfy. The material is also super comfy… yep, I’m going to get plenty of wear out of this item. I paired the shirt (similar) with some of my favorites from Rocksbox (Kendra Scott Devalyn Long Necklace and Nakami wrap bracelet), my go-to Kensie skinny jeans (same style, different color) and my Hunter rainboots.
Lennon Perforated Detail Tote by Urban Expressions | 68.00 | Return
I’m open to receiving a tote, but this one just wasn’t it. It’s a little big for my personal taste and I’m not so sure about the bright blue. The color goes well paired with the plaid shirt, but it wouldn’t work for me everyday. One thing that was pretty cool, though, it came with a crossbody purse. The price point was also great, I just really don’t need these pieces right now.
September 2016 Stitch Fix – The Breakdown
Knit Dress- 68.00
Skinny Pant- 88.00
Lace Detail Knit Top- 48.00
Split Neck Top- 54.00
Blue Tote- 68.00
Styling Fee Credit: -20.00
Total – 131.59
September 2016 Stitch Fix Giveaway
Now for the best part! I love Stitch Fix so much I want all of you fellow fashionistas to enjoy this awesome service too.
Enter below at your chance to win $100 in Stitch Fix credit! Giveaway has ended! Be sure to sign up for your own Fix, here!
Something to think about….
What do you think about my picks, this month? If you see something you love, don’t hesitate to pin one or more of the items. Who else is ready for Fall wear… scarves, riding boots and sweaters?
Have you tried Stitch Fix? If so, please share your thoughts.
Many links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! ???? Thank you so much for your support!