Baked Italian Chicken
This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
With a flavorful coating of Parmesan cheese and seasonings, Baked Italian Chicken is not only juicy and delish, but it’s oven-ready in minutes!
Chicken meals are a favorite of mine, for getting plenty of lean protein. Plain baked chicken can get pretty boring, though. I often experiment with toppings and seasonings, but I only share the best of the best. This baked Italian chicken, folks, is definitely the BEST!
Simply dip chicken in egg whites and then a Parmesan cheese and seasoning mixture.
Next, place chicken in baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle any remaining cheese mixture over the top. Easy as that!
Bake for about 25 minutes. This baked Italian chicken pairs well with a variety of side dishes. For a light, yet satisfying dinner I enjoy the chicken with a side salad or roasted Brussels sprouts.
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese fat free
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast boneless/skinless, raw
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and mince parsley; peel and mince garlic.<br/>2. Combine parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, black pepper and red pepper in a pie pan or shallow dish.<br/>3. Dip chicken pieces into beaten egg whites and then into cheese mixture.<br/>4. Place chicken in a shallow baking pan lightly coated with cooking spray.<br/>5. Drizzle olive oil over chicken, and sprinkle with any remaining cheese mixture.<br/>6. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender and no longer pink inside.<br/>7. Serve immediately with a tossed salad, steamed broccoli and herb roasted potato wedges, if desired.<br/>
Nutrition facts are estimates only.
Enjoy a few other healthy chicken dinners from Kim’s Cravings!
Something to think about….
What’s your family’s favorite quick and easy dish?
For more great recipes, check out myalli.com/recipes-for-you.