Mini Chicken Waffle Sliders
Thanks to Van’s Foods for sponsoring this post and helping me create cute, easy, delicious Mini Chicken Waffle Sliders.
Good morning, guys! Your family will love this recipe for easy, tasty, healthier Mini Chicken Waffle Sliders. Plus they’re kid friendly, too. I took the classic comfort food, chicken and waffles and turned them into a fun, portable, better-for-you brunch food that also makes a terrific back-to-school breakfast treat.
My kiddos had a blast with this unique spin on the typical morning meal. We especially loved the combination of savory and sweet. And with the use of Van’s Totally Original Mini Waffles, these Mini Chicken Waffle Sliders are incredibly simple to cook up before school.
Van’s Mini Waffles were the perfect choice for my sliders. Made with 100% whole grains and packaged into bite-sized pieces, it’s hard to tell if these Whole Grain Minis Totally Original waffles are made for kids or adults. They’re nutritious, tasty and cute, I think they’re made for everyone!
While the mini waffles are lightly sweet and scrumptious, the chicken is a must try too. You’ll never guess that it’s actually made with all good for you ingredients. Not only is it fabulous paired with Van’s waffles, but it’s also super tasty served over a salad or alongside a roasted sweet potato and steamed broccoli.
Van’s makes it easy for kids and adults to enjoy their waffles – they taste great, and there are so many ways to top and enjoy them! I can’t wait for you to give these Mini Chicken Waffle Sliders a try. When you make them, be sure to snap a pic and tag @kimscravings on instagram. I have so much fun peeking at what you’re cooking up!
You’re going to love this morning treat! It’s:
Sweet & savory
Perfect for everyday breakfast or weekend brunch
Mini Chicken Waffle Sliders
- 1 lb. raw thinly sliced, boneless chicken breast, (if you can't find thinly cut, simply use a meat mallet to smash the chicken breast)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk, any kind
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- 4 sets of 4 waffles, 1 box of Van's mini waffles will be more than enough
- Optional for serving: maple syrup, honey, powdered sugar, fresh fruit and/or jam.
- Cut the chicken breast into large chunks (slider size), and put them in a sealable baggie.
- Pour beaten egg and milk into bag with chicken and let it sit for about 10 minutes while you prepare the spice mix.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour, arrowroot flour or cornstarch, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Open the bag and drain out as much egg / milk as possible, but not completely dry.
- Pour the spice mix into the bag, close the top and massage it into the chicken, to evenly coat all of chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat one tablespoon coconut oil. Add a single layer of chicken (careful not to crowd it) to the pan and fry on each side for about 3 minutes or until it's completely cooked through. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook chicken in two batches.
- While chicken is cooking, toast waffles and prepare them and toppings for the chicken.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer from skillet to paper towel lined plate. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Just in time for back to school, Van’s is offering fans the chance to win a year’s worth of waffles along with three signed cookbooks by Joy Bauer. Follow THIS LINK to enter!
If you like this recipe for Mini Chicken Waffle Sliders, try these other breakfast treats.
Savory Bacon and Cheese Waffles
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried chicken and waffles? What’s your favorite brunch food?
Well if these aren’t the cutest most delicious little creations I’ve ever seen! Nobody (sane, anyway) could hate chicken and waffles, especially when it’s in an adorable little slider! Yum!
I totally agree! 🙂