Easy Hummus Cucumber Bites
Just in case you’d like to keep your NYE apps figure-friendly and a little on the healthier side- I bring you super easy (but still festive) hummus cucumber bites. Fresh crisp cucumber topped with flavorful hummus, crunchy almonds and sweet pom seeds makes for an irresistible finger food.
If you are someone who has moderation issues (hi, nice to meet you, I do too!) don’t fret if you’ve popped about 5 in your mouth. Each little cucumber hummus concoction is very low in calories and fat, so you won’t derail your diet. Talk about a perfect party snack! If you aren’t a cucumber person, this hummus/almond/pom seed combo is just as good with pita, crackers or tortilla chips!
Blue Diamond Almonds are my favorite and I always keep them on hand for snacking, but they also are perfect for adding the finishing touches on whatever you happen to be serving from appetizers to desserts. I used lightly salted almonds for the hummus bites because my hummus of choice was cilantro jalapeno hummus and I wanted that particular flavor to shine through. If you’re using a classic hummus, consider choosing a unique flavored Blue Diamond Almond variety. The Sriracha or Wasabi and Soy Sauce flavors would be fab!
- Ingredients for your favorite hummus
- 2-3 large cucumbers sliced (amount needed depends on how many small bites you're wanting)
- Pomegranate Arils the seeds from one pomegranate or about 1/4-1/3 cup pom seeds
- 1/4-1/3 cup Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds coarsely chopped
- Make hummus according to the instructions of your favorite hummus.
- Top cucumber slices with about 1 tablespoon hummus, a few pom seeds and a few almond pieces. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is definitely an estimate. This will all depend on how many bites you make and the type of hummus you use.
If you're not a cucumber fan, the hummus topping also works wonderfully on crackers and chips.
A few other delicious hummus ideas are classic hummus, Tahini-Free Hummus, White Bean Chipotle Hummus, Caramelized Onion Hummus, Spicy Black Bean Hummus and Black-Eyed Pea Hummus.
Take a look at these other posts for more healthy appetizer recipe ideas!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.