Skinny Strawberry Donuts
A healthier take on the breakfast favorite, Skinny Strawberry Donuts are the perfect way to wake up! So quick and easy, deliciously tender and studded with sweet strawberries… I betcha can’t eat just one.
Making baked donuts could not be easier, in fact, it’s one of the easiest recipes I bake… and one of the tastiest. They only take about 20 minutes from start to finish and the ingredient list includes items you probably already have in your pantry. Feel free to use your favorite berry, too. If you don’t have strawberries on-hand, but have plenty of raspberries just use those instead.
Not only is making baked donuts much easier than frying them up, it’s also much healthier. Do you have a donut pan? They’re super cheap. I have this Wilton donut pan <—affiliate link from Amazon and it works like a charm. If you don’t have a donut pan and have no plans to buy one, you could certainly make these into strawberry muffins; just tack on an extra 10 to 12 minutes baking time.
If you’re already thinking Valentine’s Day, Skinny Strawberry Donuts sure would make a great addition to your breakfast in bed treat! Just be sure to bake them in this Wilton heart-shaped donut pan. Wouldn’t that be cute?
Skinny Strawberry Donuts
- 1¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour, spoon in (all-purpose, spelt or whole wheat flour will also work, as well as Kodiak Cake pancake mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, I like almond milk or cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped strawberries
- powdered sugar, optional topping -also very good w/ a littleJustin's Honey PBspread over the top 🙂
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir in egg, milk, vanilla extract and olive oil. Gradually, stir in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into a liberally greaseddonut pan (nonstick spray works fine). Divide equally to create 10 donuts- batter should fill donut molds to the center (but not cover it).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let donuts cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the donut pan. You may need to use a knife to remove each donut from the pan. Enjoy!
Enjoy a few other healthier donut recipes from Kim’s Cravings!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite donut variety?
Have you ever tried making homemade donuts?