Best Ever Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Not only are these the best ever Greek yogurt pancakes, they’re also probably the easiest pancakes ever. My go-to most favorite pancakes- yes, they are! Mixing 5 simple ingredients in one bowl or your blender, in less than 15 minutes you can be enjoying this protein packed deliciousness!
Instead of using plain yogurt, feel free to get creative and make your Greek yogurt pancakes with any favorite variety. Chobani Simply 100 Greek yogurt is very light and creamy. I love the key lime flavor, but all of the flavors are tasty. So moist and scrumptious- the yogurt really is the star of the show!
What are your favorite pancake toppings? There are so many options, I could never get bored with pancakes. In my opinion, the classic drizzle of maple syrup with fresh berries will probably always be the BEST.
Oh and the yumminess of adding a dollop of peanut or almond butter just simply cannot be denied, but don’t forget the banana slices. Greek yogurt always works too and If you’re feeling extra sassy, go ahead and throw in a tablespoon or two of mini chocolate chips. Trust me… you won’t be sorry.
I think you better give these a try! They’re:
And so easy- perfect for the whole family!
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites + 1 to 2 more tablespoons as needed to thin out batter*
- 1 cup oat flour** gluten-free, if desired
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt I use organic when I can find it***
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 stevia packets or another sweetener optional (1-2 teaspoons honey, maple syrup, sugar would all work), if topping with maple syrup, you may want to just leave the sweetener out
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, until smooth. If batter is too thick stir in an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of liquid egg whites. Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with a non-stick, all-natural cooking spray. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto griddle. Flip when bubbles on top burst, about 5 minutes. Cook for another couple of minutes and until pancakes are golden brown. Repeat with remaining batches.
*If batter is too thick, add egg whites, 1 tablespoon at a time until batter is of desired thickness. The thicker the batter, the thicker the pancake.
**To make oat flour, simply grind rolled oats in a high-speed blender or food processor.
***Feel free to use your favorite yogurt variety. It doesn't have to be Greek, but nutritional info will be different. You can also sub with cottage cheese, but pancakes won't be quite as sweet. They will have more protein, though.
****Pancake batter can be whipped up in a blender, however, I've noticed if I blend the batter at a high speed the pancakes come out a little tough. I prefer the texture when I mix them up in a bowl.
Looking for other ways to change up your pancakes? Try some other favorites from Kim’s Cravings.
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried adding Greek yogurt to your pancake mix? What’s your favorite topping?