Green Smoothie Pancakes
Green smoothies and pancakes are two of my most favorite breakfast meals- so, why not combine the greatness? The sweet deliciousness of your favorite pancake mix (or whole grain flour) joined with the nutrition of spinach creates these amazing green smoothie pancakes. A win-win!
I personally think green pancakes are pretty and I like my food to be colorful. However, if you’re like my kiddos, anything green regarding food is scary. Don’t worry, though- these green flapjacks have the loveliest sweet flavor and you won’t even taste the spinach. So yummy, there’s no butter or maple syrup needed, but no judgment for adding a spoonful of almond butter!
Not only are these green smoothie pancakes-
- Delightfully sweet
With the help of my favorite flapjack mix, they’re also super quick and easy to whip up- enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup any variety of pancake mix* I like Kodiak Cake FlapJack Mix
- Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients except the pancake mix into the pitcher of a blender. Blend on high speed until ingredients are smooth. On low speed, blend in pancake mix.
- Pour batter into medium circles. When the pancakes start bubbling a bit and the bottom is lightly browned (about 5 minutes), flip them over and continue cooking for about a minute on the other side. Serve warm with syrup and fresh fruit- ENJOY!
I like Kodiak Cakes Flapjack mix best! Alternatively, 1 cup of whole wheat, whole pastry or whole grain spelt flour can be used along with 1 tablespoon baking powder.
Looking for other easy healthy pancake recipes? Check these out!
Something to think about….
Do you have a favorite pancake variety?
Have you ever tried adding greens to your pancakes? You’d be surprised how tasteless spinach is. I always add about a handful of very finely chopped spinach to my two ingredient pancakes.
I use a Cuisinart Griddler for cooking pancakes and for so much more! One of my favorite small cooking appliances!
Some links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! 🙂 Thank you so much for your support!