Green smoothies and pancakes are two of my most favorite breakfast meals- so, why not combine the greatness and make spinach pancakes? The sweet deliciousness of your favorite pancake mix (or whole grain flour) joined with the nutrition of spinach creates these amazing green smoothie pancakes. A win-win!
I personally think green pancakes are pretty and I like my food to be colorful. However, if you’re like my kiddos, anything green regarding food is scary. Don’t worry, though- these green flapjacks have the loveliest sweet flavor and you won’t even taste the spinach. So yummy, there’s no butter or maple syrup needed, but no judgment for adding a spoonful of almond butter!
Not only are these green smoothie pancakes-
- Delightfully sweet
With the help of my favorite flapjack mix, they’re also super quick and easy to whip up- enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup any variety of pancake mix*, I like Kodiak Cake FlapJack Mix
- Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients except the pancake mix into the pitcher of a blender. Blend on high speed until ingredients are smooth. On low speed, blend in pancake mix.
- Pour batter into medium circles. When the pancakes start bubbling a bit and the bottom is lightly browned (about 5 minutes), flip them over and continue cooking for about a minute on the other side. Serve warm with syrup and fresh fruit- ENJOY!