Spinach Prosciutto Quiche Cups
These mini spinach prosciutto quiche cups are perfect for your next brunch and are even great served alongside a salad for a light lunch. The addition of prosciutto takes the flavor to the next level and is a nice change up from the typical bacon or ham.
I’ve made these quiche cups several times and experimented with different ingredients each time. They work well using pancake mix, almond flour or whole wheat flour for the crust. But they also taste great and cook up fine with no crust at all.
I love how quiches are so versatile! You can easily substitute ingredients depending on what you have on hand. I found a package of cubed prosciutto at my local grocery store, but you could also dice up slices of prosciutto or use bacon. The last time I made these easy quiche cups, I added in diced chicken sausage and that was really great too. I used half egg whites to keep things figure-friendly and give the quiche cups a light fluffy texture. If you prefer to keep things dairy free, just leave out the cheese.
These tasty quiche cups were quickly cobbled up by the whole family. And there I was hoping for leftovers! I think I may need to double the recipe next time. Quiche cups would make a super convenient grab-n-go snack or breakfast.
- 1-1/4 cup flour or pancake mix if crust is desired
- 1/2 cup water if using flour for a crust
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach or kale leaves, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites 8 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cubed prosciutto about 4-6 pieces cooked and chopped turkey bacon or 2-3 cooked chicken sausage links would also work
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese optional
- Combine flour or pancake mix and water in medium bowl. Stir until you have thick, sticky dough. Place in the refrigerator.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook until onion and pepper are soft, about 5 minutes. Add in the in the spinach, continue to stir and cook until spinach is slightly wilted. Set veggies aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray. Remove dough from refrigerator and divide dough evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Press and flatten each piece of dough against the rim of the cups of the muffin tin (the dough should fill a little less than half the cup) and set aside. It will make it easier if your hands are a little damp.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, and seasonings until well combined. Stir in the prosciutto, cheese (if using) and veggie mixture. Pour the egg mixture evenly between the muffin tins and bake for about 30-35 minutes (until quiches are golden brown on top and set in the middle). Careful not to cook them too long, as the crusts will get hard. Remove from the oven and let quiche cups cool for about 10 minutes. ENJOY!
*Nutritional information calculated using prosciutto, spinach, cheese and pancake mix as the crust.
Egg recipes are a favorite of mine! Check out a few others on the blog!
You may come across affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! 🙂 Thank you so much for your support!