We have zucchini, we have zucchini! Our garden is finally producing zucchini, squash, cucumbers and slowly but surely cherry tomatoes. This weekend, I made not one, but two zucchini bread recipes. And I’m so excited to share my hint of honey zucchini bread waffles with you! They are soft, fluffy with just enough honey sweetness to make for the perfect breakfast.
If I’m planning a special breakfast, there are always waffles involved. They’re my favorite! And then the fact that these are bursting with zucchini bread flavor, well it just doesn’t get much better than that. Okay… add in some chocolate chips… that might be slightly better. Ha!
To give these zucchini bread waffles a lovely hint of honey sweetness, I swapped out my go-to unsweetened vanilla almond milk with hint of honey vanilla almond milk. Delightfully delicious! The hint of honey vanilla almond milk from Almond Breeze was also wonderful added to my coffee too.
- 1 large or 2 smaller zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups flour, spoon in measuring cups (I used whole grain spelt flour; whole wheat or all-purpose flour will also work.)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups milk (I used hint of honey vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Grate zucchini using the large holes of a grater. Squeeze moisture out of grated zucchini using a strainer or dishtowel, set zucchini aside.
- Heat waffle maker.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and honey. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth. Fold in the zucchini and mix well.
- Spray the waffle maker with cooking spray and pour about ¼ cup batter (depending on size of waffle maker) evenly over the bottom of the waffle maker and close the top. Cook according to directions of your machine. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with your favorite toppings; such as butter, maple syrup and/or fresh fruit.
Want more waffle deliciousness? Enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.